Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #11
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else's LO NOT like Disney movies?

When you guys talk about bad attitude, that reminds me of when I started doing daycare and one of my kid's parents came to me and told me to stop using the word "jerk".
I was like, huh? That word isn't even in my usual vocabulary anyways, let alone with kids(but I was young & single, so she assumed it was from me?!).
I told her that word isn't a word I use but I would be sure to watch what I said in case I was using it & not noticing???
A few weeks later, she apologized to me and said her son's favorite cartoon was Toy Story, and Woody says that word to Buzzon several occasions in #1. She hadn't noticed it before. The Toy Story franchise is a very angry one verbally. I have watched it on occasion and it is just so angry in tone & wordage.
FYI, incase you didn't catch it. I think kids pickup on alot of things we miss. Like the word "jerk".

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
formunkyfrommommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ds just turned 3 and there are very few disney movies he will actually watch....he is not huge into fully animated shows, he like thomas the train and baby Einstein and sesame street type shows better....the only disney ones he likes are Nemo, little mermaid, 1001 dalmations, and aristocats....and he likes them because he is obsessed with animals lol
Old 05-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
Qbit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes View Post
When you guys talk about bad attitude, that reminds me of when I started doing daycare and one of my kid's parents came to me and told me to stop using the word "jerk".
I was like, huh? That word isn't even in my usual vocabulary anyways, let alone with kids(but I was young & single, so she assumed it was from me?!).
I told her that word isn't a word I use but I would be sure to watch what I said in case I was using it & not noticing???
A few weeks later, she apologized to me and said her son's favorite cartoon was Toy Story, and Woody says that word to Buzzon several occasions in #1. She hadn't noticed it before. The Toy Story franchise is a very angry one verbally. I have watched it on occasion and it is just so angry in tone & wordage.
FYI, incase you didn't catch it. I think kids pickup on alot of things we miss. Like the word "jerk".
I enjoy Toy Story for myself, but I really don't feel that it's all that appropriate for little kids. I was kinda shocked when I saw the newest on in theatres with DH. There was some seriously questionable stuff in there! And though I haven't seen the first one in a long time I just know that my DS would be terrified of Sid and all his mutant toys. Yipes!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
lookatreestar
Registered Users

i have no desire to do disney, we listen to some songs on youtube but really the movies are too scary. my dd is really sensitive and ds is just too young to care.

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #15
Jaci
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We tend to watch the Pixar Disney movies, any of the traditional animated Disney movies have scary antagonists where as Cars, Wall-E, Up all are quite tame.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #16
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

My dd is almost 7 and still terrified of most Disney movies. DH rented Tangled for her and I had to fast forward through a good portion of it. It wasn't a nice movie at all. I was rather shocked actually!

I hate to admit this... but I like the Barbie movies. They generally have a nice message, the Barbie friends always work as a team. Some of the characters are annoyingly ditzy but there is always a female who solves the mystery or whatever and no one gets stabbed and dies!!!
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:17 AM   #17
megenic
Registered Users
seller

The only Disney movies mine like are Toy Story and Tinkerbell. I'm okay with both of those - there is nothing offensive to my feminist sensibilties in them!

My kids (and DH and I!) all ADORE Yo Gabba Gabba. It's seriously the only thing on our TV when it's on, both in the house and in the car. I love this show so much and would probably watch it even if I didn't have kids! The themes are fantastic for teaching little ones about manners, social issues, about the weather, etc. And the music is so awesome! We love it so much we took a road trip last summer to Portland ME to see it live. I bought the really expensive package that allowed us to go backstage and party with them after the show. Yep, I'm serious. Here are the pics...

OMG, I love that show. I am going to go put it on right now
Old 05-31-2011, 07:38 AM   #18
tusheez
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I love Disney movies. My 2 DSs liked them when they were younger. Toy Story, Lion King, Nemo and Lilo and Stitch were there favorites. DD doesnt really care too much for them yet. She has seen a couple of Disney movies. She really likes Cat in the hat, Super why, Scooby Doo, and Olivia.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #19
PBAki
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Our DD didn't either. The only ones she likes I can think of are the Lady in the Tramp series and anything with dogs/cats. Dumbo and other classic movies like Bambi, nope. She loses interest quickly. But she'll watch How to Catch a Dragon million times.
PBAki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #20
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes View Post
So true. We have the movie "Robots" and my DD loves it - the other day, as we were standing in line at the store, she told the cashier "Get lost, freak!" I couldn't figure out where THAT came from...until we watched it again and I realized it was a line from the movie. Ugh. Of course, the whole movie could be rainbows and sunshine and the ONE bad word in the movie my DD will pick out to repeat...

I'm not sure my DD has ever seen an actual Disney movie, I've never been a big fan of them myself. We really likes Pixar movies, though I realize they are meant for kids a little bit older (she is three). I guess I wish they didn't have lines like "Get lost, freak."

Last edited by UnderTheStars; 05-31-2011 at 10:57 AM.
UnderTheStars is offline   Reply With Quote