Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #151
loveolamb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ? for moms of girls, do you put them in bikini's?

we're not doing bikinis because there are a lot of weirdos out there... but we're doing tankinis to make diaper changes that much easier... i don't do bikinis for myself, though, and never have, so that is definitely part of the equation.

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #152
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
When I was about three and my sister 5. we went to the beach and my sister walked off with another girl her age. All the adults ran around the beach trying to find my sister and they found her several hours later, minus her bathing suit (it was a one piece). The other girl had pulled a knife on my sister and told her to take off her bathing suit and then pushed her away. Thank God that nothing bad happened and also for the fact that our mother would force us to wear panties under our bathing suits. That's all my sister was wearing when they found her, panties. I'm just saying this because it doesn't matter what your child is wearing, you have to pay attention to her and keep an eye on her. Having said that, I don't believe that I will let my daughter wear a bikini but that's because I am a pastor's wife and have to set an example.
WOW! That's awful. I am confused though was the girl that pulled a knife on your sister 5 also?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #153
foxflame88
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both my girls were allowed to get two piece suits last summer... but the tops were tank style. They were 9 and just shy of 11 then.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:20 PM   #154
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, she was her same age. She told my sister that she lived nearby and had a doll that could crawl and my sister went to see the doll. That's why parents should always listen carefully when their children say something. It's thankful that she didn't get hurt. And this was in the Dominican Republic, where the police is not as speedy in looking for missing children.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #155
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

We do bikinis during diaper and potty training stages. It is much easier to change a diaper or take a toddler to the potty 500 times at the beach in a 2 piece.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #156
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

No bikinis here!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #157
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i dont mind two pieces but will not put dd in the triangle top ones i think they are too grown up looking dd has a tankini that covers her belly all the way and a one piece
Old 06-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #158
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My older dd wears tankinis, my 6yr old is so tiny that a size 4 one piece is too short in the length, but a size 5 bags at her butt & hangs off her so she HAS to wear a 2 piece (size 4) but we also buy her tankinis (boy shorts for both if we can find them!). Sofia has once piece suits, a tankini & a bikini (with a skirt), the 2 piece suits are SOOOO much easier to get her to the potty or change a swim diaper or whatever for right now.

I dont like the skimpy swimsuits though & will not buy them for any of our kids just because I HATE the look of them!
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:13 PM   #159
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:

My 3yo and 5yo do wear two-piece suits (not the triangle top skimpy ones)and I don't think seeing a little girl buddha belly sexualizes them at all. And it makes me sad to think that people would look down on them (well, okay, me) for something as simple as a ruffly blue polka-dot bathing suit. It's not like they're wearing short shorts with "juicy" written on their rear.

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote