Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
Formerly: Boomer
My Mood:
I've got a biter on my hands!

How do you deal with toddlers that bite? Aydin doesn't do it all the time--yet. We definitely want to nip this in the bud now but are unsure of how? It started about 3 weeks ago when we visited my parents. He bit his sisters several times there. He pretty much stopped when we got home, maybe a bite here or there. Today, he bit his sisters 3 times (Alisa once and Kieran twice.) He does this when they are playing, not out of anger or frustration. How do I get the point across? After the third time today I was so aggravated with him that I put him straight to bed. It was more than an hour and a half before his usual bedtime but I couldn't take him anymore. Once I cooled off I went in our room and told him that his biting was unacceptable and he was being sent to bed for it. He did fall asleep but he woke up about an hour later, crying and crying. Dh thought we should let him come out because he wasn't going to fall back asleep, so we did. We talked to him again and he apologized. What do you guys do for biting? Aydin is 2 years, 4 months old, btw.

A real woman always has a clean house, an empty laundry basket, smells good, is well made-up, slim, healthy, eloquent, and perfectly well behaved...I suspect I am a man.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote