Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #11
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you use lanolin spray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmarie View Post
Does the spray ever leave stains? I sometimes have a problem with little stain spots with liquid lanolin.
I don't get any stains - I always spray the inside of the shorties/cover (not the outside). Even if you get some excess lanolin, it will get used up over time anyway.

Advertisement

kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:38 AM   #12
Brenda
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I mean the wool wash says it has 100% lanolin. I lanolize with either liquid or solid lanolin. Can I use the spray instead of that or is it best to use as a booster? It's just a pain to have to soak clean wool in lanolin, wait to dry etc. I'd rather use the spray and just wash when the wool is soiled
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #13
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
Yeah I mean the wool wash says it has 100% lanolin. I lanolize with either liquid or solid lanolin. Can I use the spray instead of that or is it best to use as a booster? It's just a pain to have to soak clean wool in lanolin, wait to dry etc. I'd rather use the spray and just wash when the wool is soiled
OT: But how can the wash be 100% lanolin? Then there aren't any "%"s left for actual soap?? KWIM? Do they mean the lanolin in the wash is pure lanolin? Sorry, don't mean to be beating a dead horse, but I'm wondering about a mislabelling on your wool wash... THere has to be SOME "wash" (i.e. detergent, soap, whatever) in your wool wash, so it CANNOT be 100% lanolin or else it would just be plain old lanolin...

I always use my spray to lanolize (maybe use my liquid lanolin once every 6 months) after washing in a wool wash w/ lanolin.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #14
stefanielee2001
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezoo View Post
OT: But how can the wash be 100% lanolin? Then there aren't any "%"s left for actual soap?? KWIM? Do they mean the lanolin in the wash is pure lanolin? Sorry, don't mean to be beating a dead horse, but I'm wondering about a mislabelling on your wool wash... THere has to be SOME "wash" (i.e. detergent, soap, whatever) in your wool wash, so it CANNOT be 100% lanolin or else it would just be plain old lanolin...

I always use my spray to lanolize (maybe use my liquid lanolin once every 6 months) after washing in a wool wash w/ lanolin.
Good point. It's probably 100% "pure" lanolin. Meaning that whats in there for lanolin is 100% pure. I understand mama!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #15
Brenda
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezoo View Post

wow been a long time since I checked this. Now I understand your question! It's a wool wash soap with lanolin in it. And you're right I don't know why the labeling would say it's made with 100% lanolin.

Thanks for the ideas! I've been using my spray more than the liquid/solid lanolin and it's a lot easier
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote