Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
gigglegirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Oxy and Striping

Okay, now I'm really confused. I thought it was okay to soak my dipes in Oxy and basically should have bought stock in the company I've used so much of the stuff. I've used mostly the Oxy Baby. I just read on another thread that someones diaper service told them never to use Oxy. I've been having some problems with Bumkins turning red around the gussets and leaking, and now I'm wondering if that is the problem. Any advice woudl be greatly appreciated.

If I need to strip, what is the best method as I've read a couple of ways? I've got a HE front loader that uses 10 gallons of water max for a load. I'm switching to 7G detergent after reading that Method is probably not working for me. I thought I had this laundry thing down until recently and now I'm just .

Thanks!

Advertisement

Feedback on Diaper Traders, eBay, and TBW

gigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
prettypixels
Registered Users

Re: Oxy and Striping

Why do you think Method is not working for you?

I just tried every method under the sun to strip my dipes (which were badly repelling), and you know what finally worked? TIDE. Plain old Tide. I threw some Tide in and came down in the middle of the cycle to see the washer WHITE with suds. FULL. The Free & Clear (recommended by the manufacturer) had built up so much in the diaper that the suds actually SHUT THE DIAPER DOWN. I had to add water (Through the laundry dispenser) to help it rinse out, washed the dipes twice more, and boom, no more repelling.

Different diaper companies recommend different things. BG recommends using Oxyclean for stains over bleach. But I think any bleaching product can be harsh on your dipes.

I have a front loader too!
prettypixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
gigglegirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oxy and Striping

I read some where that Method wasn't a great brand to use for cloth dipes. Figured I'd try 7G and see what I thought.

I've been soaking in cold and doing a power wash with en extra rinse in cold or warm. To do a strip, I would need to use hot, correct. I've got a bunch of new stuff that I need to wash and ready for use, and I don't want to mess it up.

Curious, for anyone with a HE that has a wool.hand wash option, ever used that for your wool covers, longies, etc.? I haven't used any of our wool yet and was just wondering if that would work. Our DD is most likely going to be a one and only, so I'm not too concerned about the dipes lasting through several kids, although I would like to keep them in nice shape to re-sell or trade to re-coop at least a little of the cost.

Feedback on Diaper Traders, eBay, and TBW

gigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote