Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you...

I think I will tell my best friend and my mom probably today, but will wait to tell anyone else till everything is Dr. Confirmed.

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #12
sbdf13
Registered Users
seller

I told everyone already. With DS we waited forever up to 20 weeks for some people
sbdf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #13
heavenlyblessedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I kind of wanted to wait this time, wasn't looking forward to negative attitudes toward our 4th child in 5 years, but my husband didn't want to wait. We ended up making it public the day I got my BFP, 16 days DPO.
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

I tell people I see pretty much daily right away, same with family. I figure if something happens they'll know anyway and I suck at keeping secrets. Plus this time around I just got back to my pre-pg weight two months ago and everyone is always commenting on how great I look. I was in maternity pants at 6 weeks with my son so I'd rather not have them thinking I'm getting fat again before they know there's a REASON my stomach is bloating/growing, lol.

Everyone has their reasons for doing what they do, these are just mine.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #15
taralynnel
Registered Users
seller

Location: Monterey, CA (where ever the Marine Corps takes me)
My Mood:

i just got my bfp today and so far i've told my dh and my best friend. oh, and blogged about it on my dog board, but they won't tell anyone
i will probably wait until we are out of the first trimester before telling family and friends far away. i will definitely tell my friend that i work out with at the gym (she's a trainer and can advise me on my workouts since i never did workout with my other pregnancies). i may also tell my good friend that's moving east next week...
i didn't wait with my 2nd pregnancy and i was sorry that i didn't wait to tell since i miscarried. i also has a 'bad' feeling about that pregnancy...you know, mommy senses and all.
Tara, lovin' wife to a United States Marine (Ray), and mommy to the E's: Emeline 9.23.03, Everett 6.29.05 & Elianna 3.20.08, missing my baby in heaven 7/11, my rainbows are here! Easton & Evangeline 10.22.12
taralynnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #16
MamaCarina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH has been telling everyone, and I can't bring myself to tell anyone. I guess maybe it is because I haven't been getting along very well with my family and I don't want to tell them because I am afraid they will ruin the happy feeling I have. Thank you for all the input it is good to know that we all tell when we are ready and that can be at anytime
MamaCarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #17
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCarina View Post
DH has been telling everyone, and I can't bring myself to tell anyone. I guess maybe it is because I haven't been getting along very well with my family and I don't want to tell them because I am afraid they will ruin the happy feeling I have. Thank you for all the input it is good to know that we all tell when we are ready and that can be at anytime
DH took longer to tell his parents and I know it was because he was scared of how they'd respond. MIL is always depressed and negative and has drilled it into all 3 of her kids heads that she should have stopped at one. I wouldn't have wanted to tell her either.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #18
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i've told a few friends and family.. but i am not in the states at the moment so i can't wait to get home and tell people! 6 weeks here... but.... can't keep secrets! hehe.

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #19
neonniteowl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DS we told immediate family the day I got a BFP. We are waiting this time around until my first appt.
neonniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote