Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #101
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAugust

I understand that. But someone seemed to imply that a person was just throwing around rude statements, when the only rude statements containing the word were actually made, sarcastically, by someone on the opposite side of the fence.
I too pray that I live to see the day that protection is equal under the law.

This whole thing makes me so sad. Crying real tears of real heartbreak that someone would educate themselves on the issue and still move forward with this choice. So sad.

Advertisement

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #102
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: the "little snip" and cloth diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppan View Post
You may be interested in this... San Francisco has a measure on the ballot to ban circumcision in males under age 18. I just heard the whole debate on NPR this morning on my drive in to work. I am having a really hard time in my own mind about how to view circumcision--is it a parental/family choice or is it something so inherently wrong that we should have a law to protect children from it.
I know about it.

I actually don't care either way. I do not like the government being able to tell me or anyone else what they can do with their children. However, it needs to be even. Either ALL children are protected, or ALL children are able to be circumcised. Obviously I'd prefer the former.

I won't debate any more. I didn't mean to to begin with. But if it weren't for mamas who spoke up, even though some find it inappropriate in certain places, I would have circumcised my son. I had no idea the depth of the issue. I, too, thought it was nothing more than a "little snip." Thankfully, intactivists were willing to stand up and make their comments, even when *I* was the one saying intact penises were gross, etc. Thank God for people who choose to inform others. Many baby boys, including my own, were saved from this barbaric procedure because of them. Now I choose to do the same, and because of ME, 5 little boys I know who would have been circ'd had I not spoken up, are intact. A fact I'm very proud of.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #103
Mommax2in2006
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
I highly recommend researching it more, b/c it is surgery, not a "little snip" like cutting a nail. Circumcision removes what will become 15 square inches of very sensitive and important skin in an adult man. Only 32% of baby boys were circumcised last year, and the rate keeps dropping. Many circumcised fathers (like my husband) are happy that their sons are not circumcised. I have a link to some reasons in my signature.
Im sorry but i have to disagree~ NEITHER one of my sons even let out a whimper and fell asleep 5 minutes after the procedure was done, Never have had any problems afterwords either even during the healing process which took maybe a week for both of them to heal....I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but i wanted to give my view on the other side...My hubby is circumcised and said he is GLAD that he was and beleive me there isnt any problems there either...and yes i did understand the procedure and i think its made out to be far worse than what it really is, I however dont have a problem either way with what anyone chooses, I just felt as a family it was the best choice for my children.

Last edited by Mommax2in2006; 06-08-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #104
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesgirl
Wow, there are a lot of moms on this board who need some serious lessons in tact. I'm actually shocked. This is not the appropriate thread to start a debate, regardless of how passionate you are about the topic. The OP was asking a question about cloth diapers, not everyone's opinion on circ. It would be the same as if a mom was asking about formula poop and got attached for feeding her baby formula. Find the appropriate forum and expression you passion for genitalia there.
I agree! The OP did not ask for opinions on circumsion....only aftercare with CD's. I don't understand why anyone felt the need to bring their personal opinions on circumsion into this thread? If you were offended by the title then move on.......

Also in my job I read tons of mom and baby medical charts....and in the 7 or so years I have been doing this I have not seen 1 circumsion done without local anesthetic....i believe it is standard practice to use local now.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #105
Mommax2in2006
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mms1972 View Post
I agree! The OP did not ask for opinions on circumsion....only aftercare with CD's. I don't understand why anyone felt the need to bring their personal opinions on circumsion into this thread? If you were offended by the title then move on.......

Also in my job I read tons of mom and baby medical charts....and in the 7 or so years I have been doing this I have not seen 1 circumsion done without local anesthetic....i believe it is standard practice to use local now.
Yes both of my sons both had local anesthetic when they were done as well and DH was right there with them both and watched the procedure and it took less that 10 minutes.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #106
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi4jc View Post
Thank you.

To the OP:
Tell your DH that wanted this done that I, a licensed professional, have volunteered to shove a metal ring under his foreskin and cut an area ripe with nerves. And, oh yeah, He would be tied down so that he can't fight and We're not going to use anesthesia. Let's see how he feels then. I don't think he would volunteer for that. Just saying.
Wow... very tackless and snarky... but I guess that's ok from some people...

really thinking DS just isn't a place I want to be... and you know what's nuts... all this attacking from the anti-circ side and I don't circ... have 2 sons, and dh isn't circ... Even if I agree with the mean girls I don't like them being mean...

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
Old 06-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #107
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mms1972

That debate has already been held. Using local varies by healthcare system and is not the stock standard. And aside from the actual procedure there is a painful recovery followed by a lifetime of decreased sensation.

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #108
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

There are lots of sites that allow bickering and bashing. DS isn't one of those sites.

Have a great day ladies

Closed Thread