Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
ross1622
Registered Users
seller

flip or grovia?

I've got some prefolds that i'd like to try in either a flip or grovia shell. What are your experiences/recommendations? I love the fit of BG's on my ds, do flips fit the same? I heard flips have bad elastic in them, is that true? I dont much about grovia, except a lot of people seem to like them.

Advertisement

ross1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Crow Mountain Crafts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: flip or grovia?

Flips fit much more narrow in the crotch and have a lower rise. I have both and have owned them for over a year and none have had the elastic go bad yet. If you like how BGs fit then stick with Flips because the fit is almost identical. They are also easier to stuff a prefold in.
Crow Mountain Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
mrs.berman
Registered Users
seller

I like them both, but I prefer Grovia because they have the soft mesh in the inside and their prints are cute. Also, Cottonbabies has Flips Organics seconds on clearance for $14.95 and the Natural Baby Co has Grovia sets discontinued for $12 right now.

ISO/IHA

Last edited by mrs.berman; 06-08-2011 at 03:27 PM.
mrs.berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross1622 View Post
I've got some prefolds that i'd like to try in either a flip or grovia shell. What are your experiences/recommendations? I love the fit of BG's on my ds, do flips fit the same? I heard flips have bad elastic in them, is that true? I dont much about grovia, except a lot of people seem to like them.
I think it depends on the age of your child. If I had a younger baby GroVia would work with prefolds. I have an older baby/toddler and the prefolds are to big for the GroVia shell. They kind of sag and look sad. I love my Flips I think they fit a little larger than the BGs, but otherwise pretty much the same fit. The earlier Flips' elastic was not as great as the new ones. The ones I've been receiving have super tight elastic and have stayed that way. I think GroVia works well with smaller babes and with its inserts. I also find it narrower through the crotch than the Flip. Last thing - the Flip have pockets to hold the prefold in place, GroVia does not.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote