Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #521
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Re: May 2010 DDC

Cheryl, Tina,

Everything's OK with me. It was the appt, dr, the whole day was probably the worst I've had a in quite a while. It ended with a big huge fight between DH and I.

Long story short, I didn't even get to see a Dr. But I did sit in the waiting room for nearly two hours. DH and the kids were in the car the whole time...and this place isn't exactly in the best place. We stuck out like a sore thumb. I only stayed because I was told I would get a form for an u/s. I didn't get squat....

I'm schedule to actually SEE the Dr this Thursday morning. I debated not going, but I'd really like the u/s so I have a better idea of EDD. The nurse I did get to speak with thinks that based on when I felt movement (a little over a week ago I felt 'something') I'm between 14 and 16 weeks, better than the 18-19 I'd been thinking. Like I figured I'm due sometime in November. Hopefully I'll have a better idea soon. Jen, I'm gonna start posting in the Nov. section as well. Thanks for the concern, mommas!

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #522
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is really sucky, sorry! That's weird she'd say that based on movement...I've never felt movement before 17weeks, and I'm average to thin. Hopefully next week goes much better. Will you continue with the office for the remainder of the pregnancy?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #523
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
I take back the above, just got the best birthday present ever! Nathan took his first steps today!
Yay Nathan!!!

Lyn- sorry you had problems with your appt. I agree that it's really weird to be basing your EDD on when you felt movement. Can you feel the top of your uterus? That's probably more accurate. I'm almost 19 weeks and mine is almost to my belly button (Which is perfectly normal). Hope you have a better experience on Thursday!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #524
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wanted to second the measuring your fundus! The number of centimeters from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus should match up to the weeks, so you probably could get a much better idea from that than from baby's movements. Everyone's different when it comes to that, and even every pregnancy, depending on the placement of the placenta. I felt much less movement early on with DD2 because the placenta was on the front of my uterus.
mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #525
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Yeah I'm not really sure about her using 'movement' as a guess towards EDD. Each pg I've experienced the Dr has always used LMP, even though I know for myself that is not accurate. Until the u/s says otherwise that's what they use. I will try measuring my belly and see what that 'says'.

My pg with #2 I was almost 21 wks along when I found out at my yearly exam. I still didn't 'feel' anything for a few wks after that. So I'm still just as confused about when I'm 'due' as I was before. November sounds good though LOL.

I'll be going in the morning, if only for my u/s form. This Dr has another office that is MUCH closer...and not in the badlands. I will talk with her tomorrow about maybe continuing to see her in that office instead. They are two separate entities, not just another office of the same practice. This one is more like a clinic for low-income folks, which I guess technically we now qualify for. But I'd still rather go to an actual Dr's office where people know what they're talking about.

Oh and the kicker from last week...at or around 30 wks all patients are transferred to....my regular OBs office. I guess for liability reasons or something. I just wish my reg. OB would see me. But I have to get that balance paid first. Ugh stupid gov't seizing our tax return (but that's another story).
Old 06-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #526
3boys_mom
Registered Users

OK I'm not going tomorrow morning.

Our fights are picking up. Usually happens when I'm pg...I guess the added stress of the $$$ situation is tying in to it. Joy!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #527
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lyn, I hope you get it all figured out.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #528
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedKingdom View Post
Lyn, I hope you get it all figured out.
Thanks hun! We will. It's just a lot of major stress right now. Gonna put a call in to the Dr's other office shortly, and try again at my regular office too.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #529
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

lyn!

DH and I have been fighting too, but ours revolve around DHs spare time and how he'd rather be working on his classic car than w/ us.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #530
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

lyn!

DH and I have been fighting too, but ours revolve around DHs spare time and how he'd rather be working on his classic car than w/ us.