Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2006, 10:12 AM   #11
cathiasplace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: cosleepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsott
A twin bed would not fit in our room... We thought about it b/c our 41/2 almost 5 yr old sleeps in her room, and we were going to have her sleep in our room one night (DSD-not AP at all!! BAD mamma).... we also need our mom and dad time too.... I think I'll wait a few more months before making any changes... it'll be easier when she is sleeping thru the night w/ us and not waking up to feed.
That's what I thought too, but it's not easy. DS is almost 9 mts old. He's too big for the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper we had been using since he can pull up and cruise now. So, we put the crib in our room at the foot of the bed. I can get him to go to sleep in there, but he always wakes up after 3-4 hrs and wants to come into bed. So, we moved the crib next to the bed, figuring he slept pretty good in the co-sleeper. Nope, same thing. Our next step is to raise the crib mattress so it's the same height as our bed, that way he'll have his own space, but can still feel secure and cuddle. Hopefully that will work. I do not mind having him in bed for the most part, but we only have a queen & he's been hitting me in the face a lot lately. DH doesn't like it, but has agreed to it until he's around 14 mts or so. I'm really hoping moving the mattress up will help. I wish we had gotten the king size bed. Good luck to you!

Advertisement

Old 06-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #12
Shanna
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: cosleepers

I didn't do extra beds or mattresses. Call me crazy but I like the look of a regular bedroom (when the bed's made! LOL). My DS never slept in the crib, but we had a full size bed in his room, at first for guests. I started nursing him to sleep in there for naptime, and he actually slept better in there than our bed! We started doing the same at nighttime. He would always wake up a couple of times in the night and I would either nurse him back to sleep in his bed or bring him into ours. Now he's almost 3. He goes to bed in his own bed about 1/2 the time, and always wakes up around 5am or so and comes and crawls into bed w/ us. But at least we get most of the night w/ just THREE of us!! (DD - 14mo) The nights DS goes to bed in our bed, he'll sleep all night through. We have a king size, but w/ four of us I feel your pain!
Shanna, loving wife and Mommy to Tanner 7-03, Jenna 4-05, our sweetheart in heaven, and Nathan 1-08. Check out my ETSY shop nicely stocked with wetbags for diapers AND kitchen, "unpaper" towels galore and fun burlap accessories for the home!
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote