Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #31
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The No Stink, No Complications Laundry Solution!

For the most part I agree with the OP. But harsh detergents breakdown elastic quicker. Everything in moderation I guess. I use Rng but I use more when I have stink issues and that seems to be working. Sometimes I use dawn just to switch it up a little. (I have a toploader with semi soft water) oh, and I sometimes put a little bleach in too (cottonbabies actually recommended it)

Advertisement

m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #32
Sunny_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
How much bleach are you using on dipes with elastic and PUL? I'm thinking I may need to try some in my next load of fuzzibunz... I DO use what I think is enough Tide (at least that was enough in my old machine), but since getting my HE machine, they stink. (I use at least to the 1 line on the Tide scoop)
1/4 or 1/2 cup depending of the dirt level of diapers.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #33
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I use 1/2 cup in my daily wash but I know some momas feel safer using 1/4 cup.
Just notices your question wasn't answered.
Thanks!

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #34
NewCDerInCO
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Where is the "Like" button when you need it!?
Old 06-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #35
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCDerInCO View Post
Where is the "Like" button when you need it!?
I know rght, lol.

It's about time someone had the guts to speak out about love for a good normal and easy routine. That's why I speak out about my love of bleach, no shame here!

I just like to keep it simple. I also like dipes so clean i could eat off these things. I'm just a dork like that. Their not my little precious, like in the lord of the rings!! But to some momas they are and I can honestly respect that. I just think ths thread has a place as well. Moma did a great job with it. Ther souldn't be so much worry with dipes, they're just poo on rags, lol. Just IMHO though. To each their own!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89

Last edited by sarahannecloud9; 06-15-2011 at 07:04 AM.
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #36
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

After going through the misery of stinky diapers I tried and tried all the "right" ways.
I finally said the heck with it and dumped our regular detergent and some bleach in and haven't looked back!
No stinky diapers here ever now!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #37
Sunny_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I know rght, lol.

It's about time someone had the guts to speak out about love for a good normal and easy routine. That's why I speak out about my love of bleech, no shame here!

I just like to keep it simple. I also like dipes so clean i could eat off these things. I'm just a dork like that. Their not my little precious, like in the lord of the rings!! But to some momas they are and I can honestly respect that. I just think ths thread has a place as well. Moma did a great job with it. Ther souldn't be so much worry with dipes, they're just poo on rags, lol. Just IMHO though. To each their own!
It's like my husband always says when I worried about a diaper back in the day : "You know that's just to hold s**t right?", reeeeeeally puts things into perspective.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #38
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the support mamas!!

Yea, this thread was meant for mainly CD newbies. There's just too much confusing conflicting information out there and I've read too many posts in which newbies are saying they're giving up CDing due to stink issues or not being able to afford special detergent or being frustrated with how complicated washing CDs is. That is not good! And we need to spread the word that sticking with your normal detergent and treating your diapers like they were pooped on is fine!

Now, if you're farther along in CDing, and you've got some special dipes that you're in love with that are like gold to you, that you want to preserve as long as possible, that's another matter (to which I can totally relate ). You'd probably still be ok with Tide, etc, but I can understand being hesitant about it.

But for the majority of CDers and for the majority of diapers, there is no need for special detergent or complicated routines.
SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #39
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimA View Post
The problem with this is that clothing and diapers can be made out of different materials and not every laundry detergent is safe to use on diapers.
I dont know of any laundry detergent that is cloth diaper UNsafe.. Some bight have things we don't care to have on our diapers such as fragrances dyes fabric softners but nothing is just forbidden with CDs.. Not every detergent will work for all for various reason I actually have issues with most all so called CD friendly detergents while others find them ideal. But this idea that their are CD unsafe detergents is a VERY VERY recent thing.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #40
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

well, I wouldn't necessarily call it "unsafe" but fabric softeners essentially make a diaper useless since it puts a coating on that keeps the fabric from absorbing (which is what you want your diaper to do)
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote