Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #101
AHIAMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what baby name were you really wanting to use, but couldn't?

I wanted our DS to be an Oliver but DH said no.

Advertisement

Earn money for your searches with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2my4kiddos
AHIAMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #102
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cameron..though that was ex so haven't given up yet on these.
Kaleb
Gabriel

I used the one I wanted to on Girls but for another girl after were:
Aubrianna
Catherine
Caroline
Eliza
Old 06-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #103
jenny3AZbabies
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I *really* wanted to name DS1 Nicholas (1 too many romance novels while dh was deployed). DH said no, DS1 was gonna have his name no matter what. So when I asked if DS2 could have it he said no no again... he just plain hated the name The turd. So I named him Jacob. DH says it is from twilight I tried to explain it was a biblical name... oh well, can't hide my book loving nature
Old 06-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #104
ChocoMeijin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I really wanted to use Dante for our DS but a friend of ours made so much fun of the name he ruined it lol! I also want to name a possible DD Eliza James but i don't see that happening either
Old 06-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #105
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Penelope. DH actually agreed to this name right before informing me that he would call her Pina Lope.

Georgia. FIL would always and forever call her George.

Mercedes. I am still working on this one. It is a family name, with a Mexican pronunciation. DH insists that if I name our baby this, he'll change the boys' names to Ford, Lincon, and Dodge.

Isabella. I loved this name and planned to use it since I was a teenager, but it has gotten sooooo popular recently. Might still use it.

Cecilia. DH just doesn't like it.

Last edited by Prettylocks; 06-10-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #106
Rebeldream
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With our first DH insisted on the name Gabriel for a boy and I really really really didn't like it but because *I* felt very strongly about a girl's middle name (Lyn'dl) and he agreed to let me use it, (and because I didn't have any other suggestions for a boy) I figured it'd grow on me. Very glad our first was a girl, since we both totally agreed on a girl's first name, lol.

By the time our second pregnancy rolled around DH was off of the 'Gabriel' kick, but I very much wanted the name Jericho. However my mom's bestfriend's daughter (whom I'm not friends with but we would see each other often because of our mothers) named her son Jerrick and it was just too close since I could totally see using 'Jeric' as a nickname for Jericho. We went with DH's choice - Rickson (pronounced with an H).

Good thing our second kiddo was a boy since I adored the name Aurora for a girl (Rory for short) and DH hated it but didn't have other suggestions either.

ETA: Oh, and my other girl's name choice was Brea (bree-ah) but DH hated that one, too.

Swagbucks Pre-PL'ing Diaper Stash My Love of Cloth Rebel MCloth Tutorial

Last edited by Rebeldream; 06-10-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Rebeldream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #107
MommaToBubandCJ
Registered Users
seller

I have a list of names I like but can't use them because I had a student with that name that ruined it for me: Molly, Nicholas, Cory. I also love the name Austin, but our good friends have a son with that name.
MommaToBubandCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #108
aunt_freya
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmaria View Post
Wait, your name ISN'T Supernova?? That was a horrible waste of a veto, Miss Carrie!!! I had a mildly similar situation, since babydaddy and I are living in sin and have different last names. I have four names - my third of which is also my Ma's maiden name, and my great-grandma's last name (her first name is my second name) - getting confused yet? Anyways, I like names. A lot of names. So I knew DD was at least going to have four names like me. I really wanted her to have a hyphenated last name - we both have simple names so it wasn't going to be like she had a 30 letter last name. SO vetoed the hyphen. So after I came up with her three names, I wanted to add in my last name as her fourth, and then his as her fifth. This is the point in the story when SO proceeded to tell me just how self-indulgent I was being , so I let go of my last name.

It's only a slightly fantastic name!!! Actually, I also really loved the name Millie, but seeing as how MY DOG is named Millie, i couldn't very well do that.

Actually, DD was going to be an Astrid. She seemed awful feisty inside. Then once she came out, she was as sweet as a Mabel.

I really wanted Astrid. And SO kept saying, well they'll all call her ASSSSStrid.

Ummm, Astrid makes me think of the episode of The Office where Michael thinks Jan's daughter's name is Astird--A$$-turd it is ruined for me

And here's the article that inspired my longing for the last name Supernova--

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ookoops02.html

It is a name one can be proud of!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #109
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarai* View Post
'cause your partner wouldn't let you, your family hated it, someone else "took" it, got too popular, whatever.......

My list....

Francesca (husband said "no")
Avery for a boy (from Charlotte's web) cause it got turned into a girls' name
Seth (husband hated it)
Abigail (taken)
Annakah (we ended up having a boy, and then my SS took it anyway)

What name did you dearly love, that got crossed off your list?
So funny! I really really wanted Seth too - and all my family and friends were for it - but my husband put his foot down. I also liked Glen, but my slightly younger friends screamed "that's child abuse!"
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #110
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Kaylee Elizabeth - dp vetoed anything that had a strong 'k' sound as his last name does too (that and we went to school with a Kelly Carr and that sounds too similar apparently).

I also love Amelia which I will only get if I manage a 3rd girl (he has already claimed a Rebecca if we get a 2nd - I am alright with this as it has been growing on me and I get the middle name).

For a boy I like Noah but it was vetoed & I don't think I will ever win with it.

We both so far agree on Xavier - though I'm not telling him the middle name until last middle name until last minute (ie. when baby is born) so there is less time to refuse. I want it to be Ronald which I admit it sounds a bit weird but I like it. It is also his fathers name - his dad passed away when he was 15, out of the three boys he was his fathers shadow. It is questionable whether his siblings will ever have children so I would really like our son (if we ever have one that is) to be named after him.