Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #61
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Discouraged...what if lo is allergic to pul, seudecloth and being wet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexismommy23 View Post
I do use enzyme free detergent (crunchy clean) and had to eliminate my beloved bac-out b/c she got a rash from it.

What do you guys think about Motherease stay dry one size diapers with the stay dry liners and the motherease airflow covers? I was thinking I might try this combo out for our 12-13 hr overnight diapers. Any thoughts?
I actually really liked the MEOS with staydry inners. They are great diapers! We didn't use the airflow covers only because they are pul and we dont use pul, I just put wool over top, One thing, If you want to use them for night time, buy the Stay dry snap in liner too! IT will boost the absorbency!

Advertisement

Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #62
lexismommy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh duh, I shouldn't try the covers then! I think I'm going to try out the meos stay dry w/liners and a wool or fleece cover overnight. Thanks!
lexismommy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #63
lexismommy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to come back and update....

Turns out my super sensitive pale girl does have a milk protein allergy and that was causing some of her rashes. She is doing great in motherease cotton sandys with a microfleece liner and an emotibums fleece cover. This combo fits her great and we haven't had any issues at all.

Now my other dd seems to be allergic to microfleece!!! I've had this same combo on her and she has tiny red bumps all over her girly parts. The same thing happened with birdseye cotton flats and bamboo velour. I'm giving the motherease stay dry a try right now, but I only have a few. Any suggestions?

ETA: It turns out it was heat rash, not an allergy to the fabrics! I put her back in our sandys with fleece covers and just don't put any other clothing over it. It's healing now. Good thing we bought such cute covers!

Last edited by lexismommy23; 06-13-2011 at 01:22 PM.
lexismommy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #64
mommyamb
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexismommy23 View Post
I just wanted to come back and update....

Turns out my super sensitive pale girl does have a milk protein allergy and that was causing some of her rashes. She is doing great in motherease cotton sandys with a microfleece liner and an emotibums fleece cover. This combo fits her great and we haven't had any issues at all.
I was just skimming this thread, and was going to chime in that my first suspicion would be food allergies. My little guy has a severe milk protein allergy (as well as being sensitive to soy, wheat, peas, sweet pototoes, and bananas- whew!)

But before we knew about the milk allergy (and he was mostly breastfed at the time, but took Allimentum 1-2 bottles a day) he had a lot the same issues you were describing. After a severe reaction to Enfamil (hospital trip, Epi shot, etc) we learned that he was allergic to milk. I did research and ended up switching to Neocate formula (have to get from pharmacy) and weaning him, and his skin cleared up in 3 days. He occ. breaks out (eczema) but most often it's related to a food- a slip in his diet. (wheat, soy)
We have to completely avoid milk and carry an Epi pen with us.

I do use some AIO's w/ him (Ragababe), but have learned I really prefer natural fabrics next to his skin. So I safe the AIO's for nighttime and nursery/Daddy. Otherwise I use flats w/ covers. They work great, aren't really that hard to deal w/ and I stress less over laundry. I never worry about buildup in my flats. They come so nice and clean and dry so quick.

I don't know what to do about the other child, but I would think about their diet, too. Allergies tend to run in families.
mommyamb is offline   Reply With Quote