Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #91
Queen Bee 2 Three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The No Stink, No Complications Laundry Solution!

hee hee! Cloth diapering has made me love fabric softener!! I use fitteds and prefolds, no PUL except for the pail liner. I can't make it without DOWNY F&C *gasp*, I probably use 1/3 cap per load of diapers in a HE front loader, it makes them so soft and there is NO difference in the amount they absorb

Advertisement

Queen Bee 2 Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #92
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

You mean to tell me, I can wash my fuzzibunz on HOT and I don't have to separate them from the rest of my diapers? Really? Because I'm using a commercial washer and dryer and seriously, that would make my day. I use all Free and Clear normally and I'm always worried over how much to detergent to use, this would make life SO much easier! And it does make sense to use more and to use as much as you would for regular laundry, DUH! And all of my diapers are second hand for the most part (and the stuff I did buy new I can't return anyway) and would all be stuff I would be selling second hand or giving away so I'm not worried about warranties or anything.

Wow, why did I not think of this? I was worried enough because I can't use the Charlie's (because you can't use the cloth diaper safe stuff in washers that are used by other people, you're only supposed to use those kinds of detergents if no other detergent is used in the washer).
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #93
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So whats happened with all the Tide Ultra mess?? Just not using the right amount? I would love to know because I'm about to be all out of Charlie's Soap and want to go the 'regular' detergent route
Old 06-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #94
RachelC
Registered Users
seller

I agree with pretty much everything. The only thing I'd change with the wash routine is to do a WARM pre-rinse instead of a COLD one. Because it will work better to rinse away the ickies before starting the actual wash cycle. It's just what I've found to work better. Cold will usually be fine, too, though!
Old 06-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #95
RachelC
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed22 View Post
So whats happened with all the Tide Ultra mess?? Just not using the right amount? I would love to know because I'm about to be all out of Charlie's Soap and want to go the 'regular' detergent route
I found that I had to tweak the amount I used, but once that was all settled, the Ultra honestly works just as well as the regular Tide did.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #96
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelC View Post
I found that I had to tweak the amount I used, but once that was all settled, the Ultra honestly works just as well as the regular Tide did.
Ahh okay... so I shouldn't be afraid to try it! I wonder why all the problems then
Old 06-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #97
knittingforus
File with Paypal if waiting on items!

So this could be why my daughters pee pee area is red all the time! Not BC she has diaper rash...but Just early mornings or when in her diapers longer then usual. And the smell! OMG its horrible! There's times where I think she's pooped And she didn't! The diapers are that bad! I have grovias and prefolds...honestly the grovias seem worse...I'm actually washing right now and debating on using the free samples I got of rocking green or my all free and clear!? Idk...think I'm dumping the whole sample of rockin green in!
Will be back to tell ya how it went!
knittingforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #98
knittingforus
File with Paypal if waiting on items!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee 2 Three View Post
hee hee! Cloth diapering has made me love fabric softener!! I use fitteds and prefolds, no PUL except for the pail liner. I can't make it without DOWNY F&C *gasp*, I probably use 1/3 cap per load of diapers in a HE front loader, it makes them so soft and there is NO difference in the amount they absorb
There really is downy free & clear!? I've never seen it. But it softens as well as the others!?
knittingforus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #99
Mommax2in2006
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
I add a scoop of oxyclean right along with my commercial detergent, but otherwise

It just doesn't have to be that complicated.
Yep my dipes get a full scoop of oxyclean in EVERY wash too ...havent had any problems or build up issues

Oh yeah im a Tide Ultra User as well, I DO have very hard water and i found that filled to the 1 was way too sudsy but i did diaper laundry today and filled just a little below the 1 line worked perfectly

Last edited by Mommax2in2006; 06-11-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Mommax2in2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #100
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Every once in a while someone has this realization and shares it with everyone and the world becomes a little more sane. I gave up doing what was recommended a long time ago. I have never had problems, have super hard water, and use whatever detergent is on sale. I wouldn't bother using cloth if I had to become a chemical engineer.

Check out my gallery! PM me for YYMN and other knitting needs.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote