Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
mommajenn13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My DD has wiped herself since she became potty trained, so 2.5. I check sometimes, but usually she will just run off and go without telling me, so sometimes I don't even know until she comes back in the room and she's already done! Occasionally on a messy one she will come out, pull her panties down, bend over, and say "did I get it all?" Lol

I'd say to let them try from the get go. We love using wet wipes, especially in the beginning, because it helped her get cleaner. Then if they don't get it, then you do it. But I think starting as soon as they can get the main concept is important. My DD doesn't know any differently, and laughs when her same age cousin asks me to wipe his butt!

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #12
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Re: When do your kids independantly start using the toilet for....

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoo View Post
I used to teach kindergarten and kids would come to school not having been taught how to wipe. They'd stick their head out the door and say, "Teacher, can you come wipe me? I need help." I'd say, "Just do your best!" So don't wait TOO long to teach them.
Yeah, DS yells "all done with my poo-poo's" when he needs me to wipe. Didn't think that'd go over well at school