Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #81
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: You can throw tomatoes at me, but still want your input! ;) Disposable dipes...

I love huggies snug and dry...the ones in the red and white box. DD sleeps 11=14 hours at night and they last her well. I refuse to use any other sposie now! I also love that they have elastic in the back, helps hold in poo if that happens. We also use them if we go on a trip or away for the weekend.

Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #82
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:
Re: You can throw tomatoes at me, but still want your input! ;) Disposable dipes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
We just use dipes at night now and I have HEAVY wetters. No matter when I cut off drinking they are still soaked and soaked the bed every.single.night and I have to change twice.

If you use or used in the past, spoises. What brand did you find worked the very best at night? I've tried Luvs and Parent's Choice . Open to all input!

I really miss CD'ing but the school my son is at will not allow them at all, and my DH, God bless him [as I say through gritted teeth ] swears up and down that they ruined our washer and when he bought me my new FL'ers he put his foot down and said no more. He's really compromised on everything else parenting wise but this was it!

Anyway, thanks for the input or suggestions!

I am no longer CDing either, it got to be to much for us with work and school so we use the Target brand and for my heavy wetter we use the Huggies overnight. They are really wet in the morning but they don't leak on us.
Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:45 AM   #83
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Okay I totally love when one of my old threads is raised from the dead so I can see where I am now as opposed to then!

Happy to say that both boys are fully potty learned and the night time dipes are diminishing! My youngest can pretty much hold it through the night!

Oh believe it or not I found that the Walgreens cheap brand of diapers work well for over night! Go figure!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:08 AM   #84
dublinmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Huggies overnights have worked well for us and if I think she's goin to have an extra heavy wetting night I put on a wool soaker over top. We haven't had a soaked bed in a long time!
Old 06-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #85
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

I don't use cloth We use Pampers Baby Dry. LOVE them- I don't need to wake up my boys in the middle of the night to change them. David always demands one or two bottles of milk each night and the diaper holds everything!

During the day, I change them often- so don't worry, I don't keep them in their sposies for hours on end

I didn't have any luck with the other pampers types though
Old 06-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #86
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
We only use Pampers. LOVE them and with 4 kids we have never had a problem with them.

Why would anyone throw tomatoes at you?
Some mommas are a bit judgmental
Old 06-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #87
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

WOW - I can't believe how many of us "cheat"
I was afraid to mention it
My little DS and DD are HEAVY wetters.
DS3 would wear a toddler piddle poddle or GM with an AMP bamboo inside and wool on top - he could hardly move and he always woke up super wet and the diaper smelled so bad of urine
When newborn DD started wetting just as badly - actually worse - I threw in the towel and started getting sposies for nights and outings.
I REALLY like doing both. I still feel a little guilty but it works so much better for us.

Oh and I have NO idea why but diapers are 50 - 75% CHEAPER in the states. Here a small bag is $13.99 - across the line I can get them for $3.50 at wal-mart or $6.99 at cost cutter if I don't drive all the way to wal-mart since it is about 20 mintues further south. Guess where we are buying our sposies

Last edited by mg5g; 06-11-2011 at 02:14 PM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #88
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmom77 View Post
Earth's Best held better for my DD than Huggies overnights and I loved that they had fewer chemicals, too.

For the record, I mostly use sposies too. I have a lovely stash of BG 4.0s and Fuzzi Bunz and Softbums ... but day care uses sposies, and we HAVE to use them at night (DS is such a heavy wetter). And then I get all crazy nuts on the days I'm not at work that I forget to use the cloth we have. So you're not alone!

I HIGHLY recommend Earth's Best over everything else. Huggies Natural and Huggies regular leave SAP particles all over DS. Pampers I won't touch because of the Drymax business. Store brand sposies stink to high heaven, and Seventh Gen seem not to hold ANYTHING.

For night time, I really recommend sizing one up. This has been great for DS! I put a tighter onesie on him over the size 4 sposie and then a Halo Sleepsack. No leaks!

On Amazon, you can get EB with an Amazon Mom discount and the Subscribe and Save discount. I get them every month, and with using cloth occasionally, the giant pack they send lasts all month. So I only spend $25/month on sposies. Really! On great EB sposies too! (And yes, I change him pretty much every two hours, three max.)

HTH!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #89
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Okay I totally love when one of my old threads is raised from the dead so I can see where I am now as opposed to then!
haha I totally didn't realize!

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote