Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #101
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The No Stink, No Complications Laundry Solution!

Advertisement

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #102
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After cloth diapering ALL my kids over the past 14 yrs....I have to AGREE 100% with your posting! I use the FULL amount or more of detergent and I get nice clean fresh diapers everytime. I would never use a tiny amount of detergent to wash things vomited on, pooped or pee'd on or anything else gross. Detergent is necessary to get things clean. I think more moms would use cloth if it wasn't made to sound SO complicated compared to just using sposies....let's keep it simple ladies, and more will be willing to try cloth! :-)
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #103
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingforus View Post
So this could be why my daughters pee pee area is red all the time! Not BC she has diaper rash...but Just early mornings or when in her diapers longer then usual. And the smell! OMG its horrible! There's times where I think she's pooped And she didn't! The diapers are that bad! I have grovias and prefolds...honestly the grovias seem worse...I'm actually washing right now and debating on using the free samples I got of rocking green or my all free and clear!? Idk...think I'm dumping the whole sample of rockin green in!
Will be back to tell ya how it went!
I've been a RnG user, but I've heard lots of problems of people trying a sample of RnG after using a regular detergent. Something about it brings other detergents to the surface, and this somehow causes a terrible rash on your LO. So unless you are going to convert to RnG exclusively, I'd use the free samples for something else. JMHO.

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #104
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDaughter76 View Post
After cloth diapering ALL my kids over the past 14 yrs....I have to AGREE 100% with your posting! I use the FULL amount or more of detergent and I get nice clean fresh diapers everytime. I would never use a tiny amount of detergent to wash things vomited on, pooped or pee'd on or anything else gross. Detergent is necessary to get things clean. I think more moms would use cloth if it wasn't made to sound SO complicated compared to just using sposies....let's keep it simple ladies, and more will be willing to try cloth! :-)
What is up with that anyway? Why do people make it so difficult? Who has the TIME?! I remember having page upon page upon page of cloth diaper websites saved in my bookmarks and I wanted to get into cloth so bad but I was totally overwhelmed and had no idea what to do and I wasn't part of DS then either. I did cloth when DD was six months old until she was 10 months when a friend of mine gave me a bunch of her stash and gave me some suggestions. When we moved to a place that didn't have a washer/dryer that kind of went out the window (we were lucky if we got our regular laundry done more than twice a month). This time, since I was living with the friend, she got me started from the beginning and even when I moved to my own place, she did the washing for the longest time because she enjoys washing diapers. Now that I'm doing the washing (she's moved out of the area), it's getting more difficult but reading this helps a lot. I loved my friend's washer and dryer though, it had all of these settings and it didn't take much to just put it all in and use the longest washing setting. Don't have that luxury here though but reading this helps a lot. Now I can simplify things a little more. HOPEFULLY, the drain that was backed up the other day isn't so I can go down and actually WASH the diapers.
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #105
5lilmnkys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
I wouldn't bother using cloth if I had to become a chemical engineer.

I married Jon, my 2nd chance at true love, on 11-26-10, and am mama to 6 lil monkeys...4 by birth, 2 by marriage. Bryant Stone 13, Landon Nicholas 10, Paige Erica Nicole 8, Jorja Juness 5, Jillian Bella 3....and the baby boy that links us all together, Rowan Henry, born 6/30/11!
5lilmnkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #106
Sunny_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed22 View Post
So whats happened with all the Tide Ultra mess?? Just not using the right amount? I would love to know because I'm about to be all out of Charlie's Soap and want to go the 'regular' detergent route
I've been using Tide Ultra for well over a month now with no problems. I use the same amount as before and my dipes smell and look like they did with the Tide Regular. It'd worth a shot and if you don't like it, you can always just use it on your clothes etc and won't be out crazy shipping costs etc.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #107
Pat899
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
well, I wouldn't necessarily call it "unsafe" but fabric softeners essentially make a diaper useless since it puts a coating on that keeps the fabric from absorbing (which is what you want your diaper to do)

No, sorry. Fabric softener can't can't make a diaper "useless". It just makes it less absorbent. It is your choice to use fabric softener. Some people routinely use it on towels. Are their towels ruined? No, just less absorbent.
Pat899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #108
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat899

No, sorry. Fabric softener can't can't make a diaper "useless". It just makes it less absorbent. It is your choice to use fabric softener. Some people routinely use it on towels. Are their towels ruined? No, just less absorbent.
I agree, I always use fabric softener for my towels and they still work.

Check out my gallery! PM me for YYMN and other knitting needs.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #109
bolstamomma
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I love this. I actually skip the rinse only step and do two washes both with Tide. The first is warm & the second is hot. I felt that the cold just wasn't getting everything clean enough!
Question about the bleach -- is this just for help with stains? We don't really ever use bleach b/c it never works for things like white sheets or baseball pants (darn those things are imposible to get stains out of!!)
Old 06-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #110
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolstamomma
I love this. I actually skip the rinse only step and do two washes both with Tide. The first is warm & the second is hot. I felt that the cold just wasn't getting everything clean enough!
Question about the bleach -- is this just for help with stains? We don't really ever use bleach b/c it never works for things like white sheets or baseball pants (darn those things are imposible to get stains out of!!)
I wash the same way as you but do use bleach every once in a while. Not really for stains but to kill any left behind bacteria.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote