Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #141
sugar_booger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what baby name were you really wanting to use, but couldn't?

DS was supposed to be named Levi, but Dh's cousin had a Levi right before us so we named him Gavin and used Levi as a middle name. I am actually more in love with the name Gavin now and so I'm happy it turned out this way!

I love the name Felicity but DH doesn't. Other than that we've always found names we both like and agree on.

NOW, Dh on the other hand has a quite a list that I have vetoed if it were up to him our kids would be named Zipporah and Virgil, or Promise and Seamus.... to name a few. I don't mind Seamus, but the others... (sorry if I offend anyone!)

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #142
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

Savannah...DH went to school with a girl with the name who became an "adult entertainer", and the name just has a bad connotation for him. I LOVE the name...LOVE it.

We are done and no boys...so we never got to use our boy name, Andrew (Drew) James.
NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #143
Maddy's Moms
Registered Users
seller

Mckinley for a girl...DP says it clashes with our last name
Maddy's Moms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #144
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIAMOM View Post
I wanted our DS to be an Oliver but DH said no.
Me too!!!!
elkay724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #145
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wanted to use my mom's name and carry on the tradition of giving my girls their grandmother's name (my older sister's first name is similar to my grandmother's first name and I have her middle name; my younger sister got nothing though because my mom ran out). DH and I both have J names so we're trying to avoid the J name thing right now (not wanting to be the Duggars and having us all have J names) and then there's the little thing with the fact that naming a child after my mother in my family would be similar to naming a child after Hitler (okay not THAT bad but it would be about the same thing within my family) so her name is out.

I also like Kathryn but had a number of people tell me that wouldn't work. I was going to use Anastasia for a middle name but my younger sister decided to use it for her daughter and it's the girl she ended up losing at 28 weeks so that one is kind of out too.

Chloe I thought of but watched that whole thing on CSI and the miniature killer's name was Natalie and her first victim was her younger sister whose name was Chloe so uh, NO. Not to mention it doesn't go well with the last name that starts with W.
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #146
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar_booger View Post
NOW, Dh on the other hand has a quite a list that I have vetoed if it were up to him our kids would be named Zipporah and Virgil, or Promise and Seamus.... to name a few. I don't mind Seamus, but the others... (sorry if I offend anyone!)
DH has a love of coming up with the most outlandish and insane names possible. Some examples from when I was pregnant with DD:

Ismabar and Halvor.

While pregnant with this one, DD got in the game and oh brother!

Unicorn, Piano, Water, it was like a contest for them. I just rolled my eyes and named the baby. DD is still mad that I didn't name her Gisselle (from the movie Enchanted).
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #147
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ha, too cute! If we ever had another child (which will never happen ) my one DS loves Transformers so insists Bumblebee and Starscream are pretty cool names. His twin likes: Lyle and Wally So we have quite the range to choose from, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATTYBATSMOM View Post
DH has a love of coming up with the most outlandish and insane names possible. Some examples from when I was pregnant with DD:

Ismabar and Halvor.

While pregnant with this one, DD got in the game and oh brother!

Unicorn, Piano, Water, it was like a contest for them. I just rolled my eyes and named the baby. DD is still mad that I didn't name her Gisselle (from the movie Enchanted).
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote