Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #11
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would go, 11wks is pretty safe and although still in the 1st trimester, you have already passed a safety milestone.
Anaheim is hot but I would say not as hot as you're even used to unless it's a heat wave. Maybe get one of those personal cooling sprayers? That might be nice to have if they're anticipating really hot weather.
I went to Disney when I was 7wks pregnant with #5 and even went on some rides. It was April so not as hot as mid-Summer, but still hot and I had to rest and stay hydrated and fed. How far from your hotel will you be?

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #12
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The Amigos are like the hover round things. Electronic wheel chairs basically. They might have them available.

Check out my gallery! PM me for YYMN and other knitting needs.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #13
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I will ask the dr but wanted your input as well

Yes, SCH is Sub Chorianic Hematoma or Hemmorage. It was awful, but all is well, now!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just got back from Disney World at 30 weeks pregnant. Farther along but it was completely fine. I walked all over all the parks but did find myself having to take extra bench breaks. I stayed very well hydrated and actually did ride several rides. I avoided the "do not ride while pregnant" rides but everything else I was ok with.

My midwives had no issue at all with it and encouraged me to go and just do whatever I felt up to. They said if I felt like walking all over the whole park then do it and if I felt like sitting in the air conditioned hotel to do that. They reminded me that my body was very in tune with the baby and I would know naturally when I needed to take it easy and sit down and as long as I listened to my body then there were no issues.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #15
hippieintraining
Registered Users
seller

What a fun trip!!!

I would go, and as the PPs said, just take care of yourself.

Check with your doctor (for sure!!!) but I'd go on rides. Obviously not the crazy ones, anything that would make your body really twist or jerk.

When I found out I was pregnant with DS, I went ziplining (trip was booked, I was not even 4 weeks... BFP at 10DPO!) and with DD, I went white water rafting (again, trip was booked and I was just over 4 weeks!!). The rafting I wasn't sure about, but it ended up not being an intense thing anyway and I figured my little bean was pretty protected... Def wouldn't have done rafting after 6 weeks or so but ziplining, I would have done until the belly didn't fit in the harness

My ISO/IHA
hippieintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #16
MamaCoffee
Registered Users
Formerly: babydazedesigns

I agree with the PPs. I think you would be just fine. I grew up about 20 minutes from Disneyland and it can get warm since it is more inland than the coast (where I lived) but not terrible. And, if/when you do have to take breaks, Disney/Knotts/US has some really great spots for sitting and enjoying the park, and one of my favorite things to do...people watching!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #17
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

so we will be 11 weeks in july correct? Since it is hot stay hydrated and rest often. You can look it up but when you are working out/walking a lot you want to watch your heart rate. i want to say its over 130/140 but you def should google it. I worked out a lot with cristian preg and had to slow down when my heart rate went over. if its going over you are exhausting yourself and need to slow down and rest some and drink water/Gatorade whatever you are taking. Stay cool walk into stores and look often and if you need to leave go back to the hotel and jump in the pool..lol..
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #18
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
I would go, 11wks is pretty safe and although still in the 1st trimester, you have already passed a safety milestone.
Anaheim is hot but I would say not as hot as you're even used to unless it's a heat wave. Maybe get one of those personal cooling sprayers? That might be nice to have if they're anticipating really hot weather.
I went to Disney when I was 7wks pregnant with #5 and even went on some rides. It was April so not as hot as mid-Summer, but still hot and I had to rest and stay hydrated and fed. How far from your hotel will you be?
OOh cooling sprayers sound awesome, I will definitely bring some of these for us. i was told by the agency that we can bring in an icechest with drinks and snacks. I plan to bring a smaller one for the things we need, I can just hook it onto the stroller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
The Amigos are like the hover round things. Electronic wheel chairs basically. They might have them available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyl08 View Post
Yes, SCH is Sub Chorianic Hematoma or Hemmorage. It was awful, but all is well, now!
I am so glad all is well, i have heard of that recently and it sounds very scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbabybottoms View Post
I just got back from Disney World at 30 weeks pregnant. Farther along but it was completely fine. I walked all over all the parks but did find myself having to take extra bench breaks. I stayed very well hydrated and actually did ride several rides. I avoided the "do not ride while pregnant" rides but everything else I was ok with.

My midwives had no issue at all with it and encouraged me to go and just do whatever I felt up to. They said if I felt like walking all over the whole park then do it and if I felt like sitting in the air conditioned hotel to do that. They reminded me that my body was very in tune with the baby and I would know naturally when I needed to take it easy and sit down and as long as I listened to my body then there were no issues.
Sounds great, I would love to get on some easy rides with the kids, dh isn't into rides at all but I knw he will get on with the kids if I can't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieintraining View Post
What a fun trip!!!

I would go, and as the PPs said, just take care of yourself.

Check with your doctor (for sure!!!) but I'd go on rides. Obviously not the crazy ones, anything that would make your body really twist or jerk.

When I found out I was pregnant with DS, I went ziplining (trip was booked, I was not even 4 weeks... BFP at 10DPO!) and with DD, I went white water rafting (again, trip was booked and I was just over 4 weeks!!). The rafting I wasn't sure about, but it ended up not being an intense thing anyway and I figured my little bean was pretty protected... Def wouldn't have done rafting after 6 weeks or so but ziplining, I would have done until the belly didn't fit in the harness
That sounds fun! I will be asking my ob at my next appt on 6/29.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydazedesigns View Post
I agree with the PPs. I think you would be just fine. I grew up about 20 minutes from Disneyland and it can get warm since it is more inland than the coast (where I lived) but not terrible. And, if/when you do have to take breaks, Disney/Knotts/US has some really great spots for sitting and enjoying the park, and one of my favorite things to do...people watching!
I love watching people too, lol
Also from Disneyland, we will be at a hotel very closeby.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #19
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOmof3 View Post
so we will be 11 weeks in july correct? Since it is hot stay hydrated and rest often. You can look it up but when you are working out/walking a lot you want to watch your heart rate. i want to say its over 130/140 but you def should google it. I worked out a lot with cristian preg and had to slow down when my heart rate went over. if its going over you are exhausting yourself and need to slow down and rest some and drink water/Gatorade whatever you are taking. Stay cool walk into stores and look often and if you need to leave go back to the hotel and jump in the pool..lol..
yes, I will definitely stay hydrated, i plan on taking my bottles of vitamin water dragonfruit with me there. Going to freeze a few bottles so they thaw through the day too.
I will google that, haven't heard of it before but definitely want to stay safe and keep this baby safe and healthy. I do plan on swimming in the hotel pool..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote