Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Seahorse--who has it?

Some people suggested this to me in my crib toys thread... I'm considering getting it for my 11 month old, probably as a birthday gift.

I have "Scout" and he could take or leave it (which is the case with ALL of his stuffed toys). I tried putting Scout in the crib with him and boy was that a mistake...he moves around a lot, and he kept rolling onto Scout and activating various buttons on him, which then woke him up. And the bedtime music on Scout did not soothe him at all. He enjoys messing with Scout for a few minutes here and there when he's awake, but has shown no other interest.

I also have a "twilight turtle" that puts stars on the ceiling. He'll glance at the stars when I'm rocking him before bed, but that's about the extent of the excitement for him. Mostly it serves as a convenient nightlight for me. I'm very hopeful he'll like it more when he's older.

I'm hopeful the ocean wonders seahorse might become the "lovey" I've been searching for... So far my ds just hasn't really taken to one (except apparently at daycare he sleeps with a blanket doll I left for him on the first day, but we don't bring that home at night--it stays at school).

Advertisement

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
NewCDerInCO
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Seahorse--who has it?

My 3 y/o got Violet when she was probably 18 months, and she still loves it. but since she didn't have it earlier, i don't know how she would have liked it then.
I know of a lot of babies who love the seahorse. DD wasn't one of them. She does like the glo-worm, though. HTH!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have one DS likes it but isn't super attached to it. It's got a hard tummy so it's a little hard to snuggle with. I love it because it plays music for 6 minutes rather than the baby who only plays for 30 seconds.
I also have the cloud b lamb that plays soothing music for 45 minutes which is really nice. But again you can't really snuggle with it.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
konmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son loves it - we got it when he was around 1 year old and seahorse is always in his bed. He is not attached to it (he is not attached to any toy) but he loves the music and soothing ocean sounds in between songs. Light is very warm and gentle on his eyes and music is very nice. When he was little I would press the tummy since it's hard for little fingers, but that motivated him to learn how to press hard too Batteries last long time too.
Even now, he is 3 and he still likes that music and he will toss everything out of his bed but not his "friend"
This is one of the toys that I really liked and it helped sooth my DS to sleep many times...
Old 06-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have 2 - one for each girl. They use them for 'night lights' in their beds. Beyond something to light up the room a bit as they are going to sleep they could give or take it. They NEVER snuggle it - it is actually quite hard and not snuggable at all. It sits by their pillows and they know it is there and turn it on for the light in the middle of the night. DD1 likes that it plays music as well. DD2 actually rarely turns hers on (she has a flashlight in her bed that she prefers).

It is a nice toys - very soothing. We got the first one for dd1 to help when she woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't settle back down. She was 2 when we got it and she had helped brainstorm what would help. DD1 actually bought dd2 hers for her first Christmas so she'd never get afraid in the night. Otherwise we never would have bought dd2 one.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
Crow Mountain Crafts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My guy got his when he was born and at 16 months old still sleeps with it every single night. If he wakes up, he hugs his "glowie" and she sings him back to sleep. We even take it when we go camping and he will cuddle up in the tent with his glow horse and fall right asleep.
Best toy purchase ever for us!
Crow Mountain Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

My DD liked it until she was about 20 months old, when she started crying hysterically every time she heard nursery rhymes or lullabies played. Not like mad, doesn't want to sleep, like bawling with tears. Even the Wiggles songs that were soft would make her cry.
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
travelmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our DD is 3 and doesn't have a lovey of any sort, she never has. We've encouraged her to snuggle with a small blanket, stuffed animals & even stuffed Toy Story dolls, but nope, not interested. I think some kids are just not interested. I wasn't and I don't think DH was either.

The aquarium that was attached to her crib (the one I mentioned in the crib toys thread) was the only thing she liked to play with while in her crib...that and books. We would put little board books at the far end of her crib and we'd wake up in the morning and find her looking at them and when she was old enough, she would talk as if she was reading.
travelmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote