Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anybody with anterior placenta?

Do you sometimes go for days when you don't feel the baby at all? I did feel the baby pretty early on, but right down on my bladder, then nothing for a few weeks, now the movements are getting stronger but I will have a day where I feel a lot of movement, and then go for days when I feel absolutely nothing for 3 or 4 days... it freaks me out! Also the movements feel a lot less than my last 2 pregs, do they get a lot more obvious as time goes on? When does it start being more regular?

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody with anterior placenta?

I also have anterior with this pregnancy. I'm 20 or 21 weeks and am just now feeling the baby move more regularly, but definitely not as noticeable as with my first. It does kind of freak me out, but so far everything looks normal.
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep I didn't feel this one at all until well after 20w, then it was sporadic. He's making up for it now :/ it's like he's making escape attempts.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

Anterior placenta here, too. I didn't start feeling anything more than a very occasional poke on the sides until about 22/23w, and now at 27w I swear the kid's all elbows and feet. I've even seen my belly visibly lurch to the side! Some days are still much more quiet than others - I think it depends on how baby is positioned.

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

I do and I also had one with DS. I didn't start feeling movement until around 18 weeks with this baby, and probably 23-24 weeks was when I started to feel her regularly all day long. I wouldn't worry too much, your baby is still pretty small at 20 weeks and probably is just hitting in the wrong places!
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad I found this thread. My BFF is due in October and was recently discovered to have an anterior placenta. Given how much she worries by nature, it's good to know that she'll still eventually get to feel all the kicks and stuff. AFAIK, I didn't have one, and I still didn't feel anything with DD until after 20 weeks.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
moteq
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS's placenta was anterior, and I had a real-time comparison available in his twin sister! I felt her much earlier, and always much more strongly. It was like comparing a guppy and Moby ****!

Edit: Dear Censor-bot,
It's a classic of English Literature. And last time, I meant the national sporting goods chain. You're giving me a bad rep!

Last edited by moteq; 06-12-2011 at 09:05 PM.
moteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

I had an anterior placenta and she was moving all around during my 18 wk us and I didn't feel a THING. Truly I didn't feel movement until 20-22 weeks and not very consistently at that.
NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #9
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Moteq - I love your edit and your response :lol:

I had an anterior placenta with my last baby. Due to low AFI and preeclampsia, I was monitored closely from 32 weeks until delivery. I had an NST once a week and a BPP once a week. Generally - I'd always get sent to a BPP after an NST because I wasn't feeling movement. The BPP always showed Levi moving around in there - but because of the anterior (and large!) placenta, I wasn't feeling much, if anything.

Definitely common! BUT of course if you are ever worried, do not be hesitant to call and get checked out!
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #10
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is my second pregnancy with an anterior placenta. With my last pregnancy it was angled off to the left so I still felt baby pretty early. This time its smack dab in the middle so I only feel kicks/movement on my bladder & cervix. Kinda bums me out.