Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2011, 11:43 AM   #11
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How do the Flip Organic inserts do Long term?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra76 View Post
That's awesome that you can't tell the difference between the ones that are new and the ones that are a year old! Have you had any stink issues? I know that when I had them briefly last year, I had a hard time keeping the ammonia out (I am pretty sure I was using RNG then)
We've never had stink with them but I use Tide so in general nothing gets stink. We used these on vacation too since it's all I trust at night and I just rinsed them thoroughly in the morning and did one hot cycle no extra rinse and they were fine with that too.

Advertisement

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ive had mine over a year now, they went through a time where they were a bit rough but are super soft now! We love them. Had some smell issues, not stink, just had a slight odor but that was before Tide, I was using RNG. Now we are using Tide in a FL and its all ! They rock!

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #13
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me . I went ahead and ordered 12 organic insert seconds.
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #14
essnce629
Registered Users

I have 2 dozen organic flips and have been using them for 20 months! They definately aren't as soft as when I first got them, but I haven't used any Ecover either. Unfortunately, ours are all stained pretty bad, which is why I started using Oxyclean in every wash (and thus creating another problem in my most recent post!). I haven't tried sunning them though. They are still SUPER absorbant (the most absorbant while still being trim diaper I've ever used) and we pretty much use them exclusively day and night. Lately though, all of our organic flips have started fraying on the edges were the sewn fold lines meet the edge of the diaper. Is anyone else having this problem??? I'm starting to think the Oxyclean is ruining everything!!!!

Here's a picture that shows how stained they are (some are more stained then others).

And of the fraying