Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Registered Users
GroVia Hybrid and Boys!

Hello! I have a 16-month-old son who is currently 32 inches tall and 29 pounds. A large portion of our stash is GroVia shells and soakers . I'm curious about how the soakers work for you other GroVia moms with boys out there. For us, if I snap in our soaker, we frequently get leaks. With the leaks, I find that only the end of the soaker in the front is wet...the rest is completely dry. I'm almost positive that the problem is simply the placement of the snaps for our front wetter! If I pull the soaker forward to the front of his diaper (without snapping them), I find that they work very well. I was previously concerned that perhaps they were not all fully prepped (over 10 washes), but now I'm certain that they all are at this point and the leaks continue.

Is this an issue for anyone else? I'd love some advice if ya'll have any ideas . Thank you !

Stamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: GroVia Hybrid and Boys!

I wonder if putting the soaker in backwards (it would be really bulky in the front and not much to catch the poo in the back, never mind that was a bad idea. LOL) would help or maybe using a booster.
Wife to A mama to DS (96) DD (07), proud surro mom (10), & DD (12)
Missing my younger sister Ashley RIP 7/26/07 and our Booda RIP 5/3/09 everyday
NH's only dedicated cloth diaper retail store! All of our in stock diapers are prepped!
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
My Mood:
Re: GroVia Hybrid and Boys!

Yeah, I found that it didn't work great with my boy... loved the fit of the cover, but the absorbency was just not where it needed to be.

You can try stuffing them with prefolds, but you won't be able to snap them in, since they use some sort of proprietary snap system.
Mama to 2 munchkins, loving wife to P , who supports me in all I do.
Thirsties, Niji cotton, wool wrap, Imse Vimse
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote