Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Sticky fingers 12 yr old-WWYD?

Quote:
If she seems to be stealing these items only and if it were me I would maybe think about buying her one and having a talk with her?!
This will teach her she can try & steal whatever she wants & then someone will buy it for her.

If the parents won't give it back then the only way for her to get it back is to call the police & even then it may not work as she could always say she doesn't have it.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #12
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Is there a mutual friend who can "steal" the ipod back? If not.. call the cops. ipods are expensive.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #13
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
Is there a mutual friend who can "steal" the ipod back? If not.. call the cops. ipods are expensive.

God bless!
I am that mutual friend, or my dd. I considered this. Taking it, then telling them to go to my friend's house so she can prove it is Jane's...

At this point, I AM going to call thief's mother to tell her the whole story of this girl trying to steal my dd's MP3 player- maybe that will lead them to be more suspicious of her.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #14
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyfrog View Post
We had a very similar situation with a neighbor girl and an iPod she found on the bus. Her mom was going to let her keep it even though my older kids knew who it belonged to and his name popped up when you turned it on "J____'s iPod". She brought it over to our house to show it off and my kids wouldn't give it back to her after they saw who's it was. Her mom started saying she was going to call the police. My kids told her to go ahead because the name of who it belonged to came up when it was turned on and they were going to give it back to him on the bus the next day. She sent her bf over and my dh talked to him. They left us alone after that but the neighbor girl wasn't allowed to play with my kids anymore. Oh well!! I would say the parents of the girl who it belongs to should call the police and explain the whole thing.
"Get away from those kids, sweetie. They don't condone stealing!" Some people's parents, I tell ya...
Old 06-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would suggest that the parents have a police officer accompany them to the girls house and it will be solved asap. Thank goodness you found out so quickly. It is really sad for Molly though that she probable won't get any help.