Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
argecash
Registered Users

Sibling Bed?

We are thinking about having DS1 and DS2 sleep together in DS1's twin bed. They are 3 yo and 20 mo. Currently I sleep with DS2 and DH sleeps with DS1. We really want to start sleeping together again, but we don't think it will work to have one or both of the boys in bed with us. We also would like to start having some privacy again. I am having a hard time imaging them sleeping together peacefully. DS1 moves around while he sleeps and DS2 is still waking in the early morning to nurse. But, I do think it will be the best situation for everyone if it works b/c DH and I will have our bed back and the boys will have a sleeping companion. Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions from others who have/are doing this arrangement.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:
Re: Sibling Bed?

I have no experience with this myself but friends I know put two crib mattresses side by side on the floor. Each child had their own bed so that they could wiggle around but they were right next to each other for comfort.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When I transitioned DS2 out of our bed, he was about 20 months old. And I transitioned him into bed with his big brother (about 3 at the time). It worked out great. I had some of the same concerns you did, but very frequently I go into their room to check on them and they are cuddled up.

Transitioning DS2 out of my bed was SOOO much easier than getting DS1 into his own bed. I think it's because DS1 was going to a "lonely" bed, while DS2 was still getting to co-sleep with someone.

I say try it!

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

I'd try it if I were you!
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:55 AM   #5
argecash
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
When I transitioned DS2 out of our bed, he was about 20 months old. And I transitioned him into bed with his big brother (about 3 at the time). It worked out great. I had some of the same concerns you did, but very frequently I go into their room to check on them and they are cuddled up.

Transitioning DS2 out of my bed was SOOO much easier than getting DS1 into his own bed. I think it's because DS1 was going to a "lonely" bed, while DS2 was still getting to co-sleep with someone.

I say try it!

God bless!
Thanks. It helps to know it worked well for someone else. I guess we will just have to try it and see what happens. Now I just need to decide if I want to try to drop the early morning nursing session first.