Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #51
bcarroll9494
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Did you start preschool when you were 3?

I think I only tried 4 yr old preschool and my mom let me drop out because I didn't like it (I was VERY SHY).

I was a preschool teacher for a while (before having kids) and always thought the 3 year olds seemed like BABIES and I never thought I'd send my kids to a 3yr old program. My dd1 turned 3 in January. We visited a lot of preschools this spring. She enjoyed the visits so much she began to request I leave her there because "mommies don't go to preschool!" She has a good attitude about it and is excited. Because we never did any daycare and its just been ME and the girls forever, I think she is interested in separating and playing with new kids.
We'll see how it goes come fall!

I have dd2 (15 months) so dd1's preschool adventure won't be a kid-free break for me. But I think having some one on one time with DD2 will be great for both of us.

AND ITS ONLY 2 DAYS A WEEK. So I think it is a good intro. (Also - its a co-op, so i'll be working in the classroom once a month.)

Advertisement

Unique hand-dyed diapers and more.
bcarroll9494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #52
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Re: Did you start preschool when you were 3?

My ODS will be 3 in Aug, but he won't go to preschool until he's 4. He'll have to go for 2yrs though because after this school year they're changing the kindergarten age to 6 instead of 5.