Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:
Do I have PBD? (Pre-Birth Depression)

Ladies,

I just don't know what's up with me lately. These last couple of weeks have been sheer hell on wheels.

I do not feel like myself at all. I'm 28 weeks today and I have 0 motivation to do anything. I should be working, but I just don't "feel" like it. Chores are making me nuts, picking up after my toddler driving me insane... I just feel sad for no reason.

Doesn't help I haven't gotten much sleep past couple of nights. Between the cat, nightmares, my daughter waking up and peeing, ugh...

I need a break. A vacation but I can't have one. 8(

Anyone else going through or have been through something like this?

Advertisement

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do I have PBD? (Pre-Birth Depression)

Oh mama this is me right now! I'm 26wk and should be at the point in my pregnancy where I have the most energy and feel the best but I don't. I am not sleeping at all at night. I feel like if I could get some really good sleep I would feel better but I don't know how to do that. I'm having restless leg horribly and can't find anything to help. Combine that with having to pee 5 times a night and the kids all taking turns waking up and coming in to our room in the middle of the night and my back hurts and ...well I don't get any sleep. DH sleeps through all of it. I know he has to actually get up and get dressed and go to work so he needs to be rested but I still feel a little bit jealous and irritated that he rests so great and I don't. I feel really grumpy and everyone os on my nerves. My other kids are making me crazy, my house is making me crazy, I feel like I would like to just stay in bed all day. I know I should be feeling happy. I mean I have a great husband, 3 great kids and will soon have another sweet baby to hold but I feel depressed. I know hormones are a big part of being moody but I really think the lack of sleep is my big problem. I don't have any advice for you really mama but just know that you are not alone
Old 06-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm there too.

I have a OB appt today, where I'm hoping to talk to him about the stress level/depression, without Bawling.

I've spent the last month crying. I don't think there's been a couple days that have went by where I'm not crying.

Life is rough right now. I keep wanting to just run away. But I can't. I'm totally stressed out and depressed right now. Been taking Ativan again because it's the only thing that will calm me down in the middle of the night when I wake up and can't get back to sleep because I start thinking about all these horrible things.

And my doctor of course doesn't want me taking it... or didn't in the begining anyway.

I'd talk to your doctor about it. I've been putting it off because I hate being upset infront of people/public and I know I'll cry.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The first step in feeling good mentally and physically is eating a nutritious diet. Think about what you're eating and whether it provides enough probiotics, Vitamins D, C, and A, and B-vitamins, and healthy fat (animal fat is very healthy if it's from healthy animals!). If it doesn't please add fermented foods like yogurt, kefir, kimchi, kombucha, etc. High-quality cod liver oil is also a really great supplement. It's the only one that I take and give to my daughter (we take Green Pastures Fermented Cod Liver oil).

Fats to consume include coconut oil, lard and tallow from healthy, pastured animals, and any fat that comes on the meat. Organ meats are great also, although not as yummy. Remember that the brain and nerves are made up of mostly fat and cholesterol, and your baby is growing their brain and nervous system. If you aren't taking in enough fat in your diet, it can take energy from you since your body has to take the hit and provide as much to the baby as it can. Cholesterol in your diet does NOT = heart disease. Pregnant women and children absolutely need fat in their diet, saturated and unsaturated. Eggs (runny yolks are the most nutritious, from pastured chickens) are also a cost-effective way to get lots of nutrition. Eat as many as you can every day.

Pregnancy is stressful on the body and the immune system, and if you're not getting enough of these important nutrients, your physical and mental health will suffer.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah I think this is my issue too. I went to my last appt anticipating the convo but I almost had to see another dr and ended up seeing mine last minute but I was all off course at that point. I was hoping it was just relationship issues but it seems to be more than that... I just can't kick the blues.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm not sure it's depression so much as exhaustion. It's hard to handle life at any point if you're not getting enough restful sleep. Hope you can get some quality Zzzz's in soon.

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At about your point in my pregnancy with my second, I FINALLY gave in and talked to my doctor about it. I'd been having PPD symptoms since DS1 was born, and I finally realized at about 20+ weeks with the second one how destructive it was to me and my family. I didn't want to do anything, and I got really ANGRY at the dumbest little things. Worst of all, I was mean to DS1. I didn't abuse him, but I yelled at him, and I was very angry at him, and I (THANKFULLY) recognized that if I kept going in that direction, that I would end up abusing my baby, which was utterly unthinkable. I should have gotten help MUCH sooner, but I'm glad I finally got the help I needed. You may have nutrition issues, and thanks to the PP for the info, but really, it's your HORMONES that are controlling you, and they aren't always responsive to nutrition and exercise, especially because you're pregnant. You may need some extra pharmaceutical help. There are meds you can take during pregnancy that are VERY unlikely to cause complications with your LO and can make you feel normal again. Whatever you do, talk to your doctor NOW before things escalate. They'll know how best to help you, whether it's therapy, diet, exercise, sleep meds or antidepressants, only you and your doctor can decide what's right for you, but the important thing is that you get help NOW. If I were you, I'd call right this minute and not wait another second. You and your family deserve for you to feel like yourself. What you're describing is NOT normal.

HTH mama, and just know you're not alone.

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote