Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Sammie4030
Registered Users
seller
seller

First Sunning Experience

I'm pretty new to the cloth diaper experience - started with my 19 month old about 2 months ago. I just bought a couple used Goodmamas pretty cheap due to staining, and sunning them was suggested. They had bright neon yellow stains down the soakers. I layed them out on our deck this morning and just checked them when I got home from work - they are immaculate! I'm so amazed! It's like the stain was never there!! Isn't the sun just wonderful?? And here I was worrying about newborn poo stains with our new one on the way!

Sorry-I just had to share my excitement with some cloth diaper folk since my hubby looks at me like I'm crazy!

Advertisement

Sammie4030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: First Sunning Experience

That's awesome! I need to find a good spot to sun in my yard. Do you get full sun all day in that spot on your deck? I have not had much luck in the past but we get sort of sparse/partial sun in most spots in our yard. We have those bright yellow newborn EBF poo stains on our brand new diapers. I will want to get them out before I sell as DD outgrows things.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
TheNakedPomegranate
Registered Users
Formerly: lalalaurenx0
seller

My Mood:

lol I had this experience last week. It is really amazing. I thought it would work but I had no idea how greattt it would work!
TheNakedPomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
Sammie4030
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our deck gets full sun - no trees or shade issues. But it was even a cloudy day because I kept worrying it was gonna rain on them while I was at work! So it was sunny on and off all day. I also just got in some stained BG bamboo fitteds for the newbie (i'll do anything to save a few dollars) and I'm gonna try sunning them this weekend. I had just washed the soakers before laying them out this morning so they were still wet. Does anyone know if this matters? Or can you just lay them out there dry too with the same results?
Sammie4030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
maxwellsmommy11
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just sunned my diapers for the first time yesterday and I was pleased with the results but when I brought them in one diapers elastic in the leg is all stretched out real bad. Not sure why or what to do about it.
maxwellsmommy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie4030 View Post
I had just washed the soakers before laying them out this morning so they were still wet. Does anyone know if this matters? Or can you just lay them out there dry too with the same results?
I'm pretty sure it only works when they are wet. How perfect, you don't have to dry them either!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote