Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #11
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Infant seat or straight to convertible?

DDC...My first hated the infant bucket so we moved him to a convertable at 2 months. My second and third love(d) the bucket and it is so much easier to grab and go. Having a floppy newborn and 1 (or 2) other kids too is hard without the bucket.

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #12
sk8nut
Registered Users
seller

Given that it will be winter and Feb tend to be the coldest month here I'll definitely be reusing DS's infant seat with a cover on it to keep the baby nice and warm! Overall I'm not a huge fan of the bucket seats and I don't really use them in the stroller but I might use it a little more with this one given the weather. DS was born in May so cold was not a factor until he was much older.

If you want to go straight to a convertible, be very picky about which one you get. They are not all created equally for NBs. Plus, a NB shouldn't be more upright even in a convertible seat so that really should be the same regardless. Look for a seat that has extra padding for NBs and a deep enough recline. There are a few out on the market now that really are made to be used with a NB.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #13
CharlottesMom09
Registered Users
seller

We are planning on reusing DD's infant seat. It was a gift, and is wonderfully GN. I won't be using the stroller (huge and hard to steer, I hate it) and I'm planning on wearing the LO in my Moby since I'm not strong enough to lift the seat, so a convertible would probably work though. We're just too cheap to buy a new one when we have one that's perfectly fine.