Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
New Job opportunity

I don't know if I should be excited or if im just crazy. I had an option of working a 20 hour shift on Saturdays working from noon until 8am on Sunday morning. I usually work Friday nights from midnight until 8am and Sundays from 7am to 7pm. Our only family day is Saturdays and Im tired and have to be back up for work on Sunday morning. This option came up and I took it so I can have family time Friday nights and Saturday mornings plus all day Sunday and I can sleep in on Monday mornings so I wont be as stressed about missing sleep on Sundays. The only thing im worried about is being away from my baby that long and keeping up pumping during that work shift. I will also be more willing to pick up an extra shift during the week to get bills paid off. Any other mamas work crazy shift to get more family time ect.???

mama to 3. L 07 W 11 G 13
redhairboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: New Job opportunity

Umm, sounds pretty crazy to me. Especially when pumping for a little one. What type of work do you do? I'm thinking I wouldn't get in ANY family time on Sunday with that schedule.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
My Mood:
Re: New Job opportunity

What kind of work? I work 12 hour nights in thew NICU, so my weekend(I work e/o) I work 36 hours, and with almost an hour commute each way, I basically only have time to eat, sleep, and shower and get ready to go back to work :-/
Hope it works for you!
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote