Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
BreakDanzer
Banned
seller

Against my better judgment, I return to Tide and regret it. :(

I weaned myself off of my Tide addiction a few months ago. I switched over to Rockin Green and have loved it. My DH, not so much. He misses the scent of Tide.

So I let him talk me into buying some Tide at Sam's Club. One wash of DD's diapers, with the bare minimum of detergent, and FOUR rinses, the scent is over-powering me. Those diapers are now sitting in my washer, soaking in Dawn for a good stripping. Do y'all think one good stripping will be enough to rid the diapers of the Tide?

I still have no idea what the hell I was thinking....

Advertisement

BreakDanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
mamahen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Against my better judgment, I return to Tide and regret it. :(

could you keep using the RnG but get it in unscented and just add a tiny bit of tide for the scent??

Please rear face your child to the max- their lives could depend on it.
mamahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tide is nasty stuff isn't it. Any amount can leave build up on your diapers. It's also full of chemicals including the scent that pollute our environment. The build up from it will also expose your child to some of the same chemicals that disposables have in them.
If you use the RNG it will pull all that Tide gunk out, may take a few washes though.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love Tide. But that being said, Tide and RnG do NOT mix. There are a bunch of threads on here about people switching from 1 to the other and not getting very good results. It took me a good 1/2 dozen washes in Tide to fix what RnG did to our dipes. I don't think Tide is awful, but its the ONLY thing that works on our diapers. Its either Tide or no CD in this house.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
Mommax2in2006
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaStacy* View Post
I love Tide. But that being said, Tide and RnG do NOT mix. There are a bunch of threads on here about people switching from 1 to the other and not getting very good results. It took me a good 1/2 dozen washes in Tide to fix what RnG did to our dipes. I don't think Tide is awful, but its the ONLY thing that works on our diapers. Its either Tide or no CD in this house.
yep us too~
Old 06-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Khaag55
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaStacy*
Yup, same here!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Angela~mama to B(5/09) M(11/11) #3 6.11.13
Khaag55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
NewCDerInCO
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

AND- Rumparooz customer service, for one, recommends tide as their 1st choice detergent... and does NOT recommend RnG AT ALL....says if you use RnG and have elastic or delamination issues, they will not replace your diapers.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCDerInCO View Post
AND- Rumparooz customer service, for one, recommends tide as their 1st choice detergent... and does NOT recommend RnG AT ALL....says if you use RnG and have elastic or delamination issues, they will not replace your diapers.
Wow! I didn't realize this!

Not that I have Rumps or use RnG, but still, crazy!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
BreakDanzer
Banned
seller

It's funny all the different advice we get. The first year I was absolutely sure my Tide was IT. And no one could tell me differently! Then the little eco-warrior in me started asserting it's conscience, so I made the switch to RNG.

If I have learned anything it's use what works for YOU. Tide worked well for us. I love RNG because of their "green" content and customer service, but I have had ammonia problems now twice. I don't think it is the detergents fault any more, it's: 1) my water; and 2) my needing to adjust to either more or less detergent.

Now I just have to endure the eye-rolling of DH who is now irritated he is losing his Tide all over again.
BreakDanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well rinse, rinse, rinse.That said I would not discount that RnG was the cause of the ammonia since SO many other people (myself included) have had the same problems. There are lots of other options that work besides Tide or RnG. There is a middle ground. If it's not working then who cares how "green" it is KWIM? Have you tried Country Save or Vaska?

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote