Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

X posted

I was just offered a nanny position 40-45hrs a week in the summer and 20-25hrs a week in the school year(they are working around my schedule since I am a preschool teacher) $9.50/hr plus 10 hrs vacation a month paid. It's for a very active 4yr old boy so I'm going to need lots of activities to do with him. Besides swimming and the library what other things do y'all like to do in the summer time? I've never been a nanny before so I would love to know yalls schedules and activities so that i can keep up with him!

Also they are putting a carseat in my car so I can go just about anywhere we want within driving distance!

Advertisement

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
tommymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: X posted

We feed the ducks, put shaving cream on the sliding glass door or the closet mirror doors to draw in, I'm teaching him how to cook (sort of) but he likes to stand on a chair and stir or press the button on the blender or the food processor. He loves to make a cake and give it to people, he's very proud of it. It's adorable. Sometimes he will dance to music. We go to www.starfall.com and do letters (its free). He likes to sit at the piano and pretend that hes playing. Read him books. Teach him the Pledge of Allegiance. Make cardboard forts (or pirate ships!)

We're good players!
tommymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

We love starfall here!!

Will they budget you any money for small projects too?

I know with my boys this summer we are going to:

Make a volcano
We already made "rainbow" crayons by breaking new crayons, peeling off paper and putting them in a muffin tin.
Baking fun things like fish and other shaped pizzas, cookies, etc
We're going to go to a local pottery place and paint a plate [so they can eat off of it.]

I have them kind of "routined/scheduled" throughout the day.

Can you set it up something like 'school'.

We do center time [like train track building, puzzles, etc.].
We do pre-k worksheets on the alphabet, phonics, math, reading, science.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Oh also do they have any museums near you? It's fun to expose them to the arts/cultural things.

Also with my boys I'm trying to do free or relatively free things in our own town.
For example we have a small candy making place where you can watch them make the candy and then go buy a few pieces.
We also have a Grove House where it shows how OJ is made and it has a few activities for children.

Also check the local cinema. Many times they have free or $1 movies one or two days a week during the day for children.

Bowling, skating if you have a rink.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote