Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #21
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: SCH/Placental Abruption Updated

praying that everything is uneventful from here on out.

I had SCH with my 2nd pregnancy that didn't end so great... yeah and I don't think they realize how hard it is to not lift your child

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #22
meg321
Registered Users
seller

I know my situation isn't exactly the same, but I am on complete bed rest too because I have complete placenta previa, which it sounds like you may have too since the placenta is completely covering your cervix. I found out because I started bleeding and you are right, not picking up your LO is hard! I have a 10 month old so now we both have to have a babysitter since I can't do anything. It is so hard, but will be so worth it in the end! I will pray for you that it will resolve itself.
meg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #23
purpledayz
Registered Users

I don't belong on this board but I had to post some more support for you.
At 13 weeks I had an abruption. The doctor put me on total bedrest for 2 weeks, sitting in front of the tv and not doing laundry rest for 6 weeks, then moved to "taking it easy" for the rest of the pregnancy. As far as the placenta goes the rest of the pregnancy was great. DS being early was random PROM. There are plenty of positive stories!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #24
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

I have this too - the SCH anyway. I was diagnosed last week, at just shy of 9 weeks. I never had a big gushing bleed like so many do, but I have had bleeding or spotting every day for the last 5 days. Mine was large too - 5.3cm x 2.1 x 1.7.

I was too scared to ask the location of mine, although I will be asking at my next appt and I am assuming/hoping it's not in too awful of a spot or I would have been put on bed rest. The nurses acted like it was totally no big deal and it should resolve on its own, although I'm scared out of my mind. I did have an SCH with my DD also, but it was MUCH smaller and only caused me to spot for 1 day so it wasn't as big of a deal.

I will be checking for updates and praying for you... this is such a scary thing to go through. I am glad your husband is able to take care of your LO. My DD is 3 and I am definitely not picking her up or anything, but DH is not here to care for her during the day (and works 12-14 hour days sometimes) so it's all up to me. I lay down as much as she'll let me, but I'm still scared I'm going to overdo it. There are studies that suggest bed rest actually does help with SCH so I am trying to do all I can to keep this bean healthy and safe.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #25
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledayz View Post
I don't belong on this board but I had to post some more support for you.
At 13 weeks I had an abruption. The doctor put me on total bedrest for 2 weeks, sitting in front of the tv and not doing laundry rest for 6 weeks, then moved to "taking it easy" for the rest of the pregnancy. As far as the placenta goes the rest of the pregnancy was great. DS being early was random PROM. There are plenty of positive stories!
Thanks so much for the positive stories. So far still going strong and no problems.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #26
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasra_nu View Post
I have this too - the SCH anyway. I was diagnosed last week, at just shy of 9 weeks. I never had a big gushing bleed like so many do, but I have had bleeding or spotting every day for the last 5 days. Mine was large too - 5.3cm x 2.1 x 1.7.

I was too scared to ask the location of mine, although I will be asking at my next appt and I am assuming/hoping it's not in too awful of a spot or I would have been put on bed rest. The nurses acted like it was totally no big deal and it should resolve on its own, although I'm scared out of my mind. I did have an SCH with my DD also, but it was MUCH smaller and only caused me to spot for 1 day so it wasn't as big of a deal.

I will be checking for updates and praying for you... this is such a scary thing to go through. I am glad your husband is able to take care of your LO. My DD is 3 and I am definitely not picking her up or anything, but DH is not here to care for her during the day (and works 12-14 hour days sometimes) so it's all up to me. I lay down as much as she'll let me, but I'm still scared I'm going to overdo it. There are studies that suggest bed rest actually does help with SCH so I am trying to do all I can to keep this bean healthy and safe.
I think it's interesting that you had one with your DD as well. I had a small one as well with my son. I will be praying for you. How hard it must be to have your hubby gone during the day. I have definitely been taking it easy although I am not on bed rest (just work and home) so, far so good. to you! Let me know how you are. We need a SCH support thread
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote