Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #11
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: SAH or WAH moms-do you ever get ppl saying it's boring to stay home?

LOL I get the opposite here!

Everyone is telling me I 'run the kids too much' WTH? DS 1 has t-ball 1 or 2 days a week until the 1st week of July, he has the Summer Reading Program at the library one morning a week for 3 weeks (started this week) and we go to the park or the pool a couple times a week. Our back yard is smaller than a 2 cent stamp so heck yes we're out and about all the time! Otherwise we'd be trapped in our itty bitty yard or bouncing off the walls at home.

I don't think our schedule is THAT packed...but apparently I run the kids ragged...whatev.

Advertisement

Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
barefootnomadeatsfree
Banned

I think this goes along with the misconception that SAHMs and their kids just stay home...I'm a "SAHM", I suppose, but I'm also a nomadic one, who, if I do say so myself, leads a pretty rad life...but nope, I don't have a 9 to 5, so oh me oh my, we must just be so bored all day long!

The second misconception that contributes to this is that kids need help being entertained...kids tend to have the most spectacular times when adults are kind enough to just leave them the eff alone...not when they're being forced into summer school.

But really, it's just fun to oke2:. You will never do anything right when it comes to others, just embrace it!
barefootnomadeatsfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #13
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I have heard people say they were bored as a SAHM, or that SAHM is boring...

But I can't figure out where they got that idea.

If any one knows me at all, they know that my life is WAY too dang busy. We are CONSTANTLY running around all over the place!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #14
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think its funny that anyone could ever be bored with little kids! DS1 is 2.5 and has a huge imagination already so even if we're at home inside there are still dragons to be fought in the laundry room
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #15
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

I've got two girls and so I've had two 1yr long maternity leaves from work. I find it hideously boring. It's not that I'm not occupied, or that i'm not busy, but I just find it boring. I find housekeeping and shuttling children places and sitting watching swimming lessons boring.
Having said that... If Vancouver wasn't so obscenely expensive I would choose to SAH, because regardless of what I think of it, I still think the job is still more worthwhile than the one I get paid for.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #16
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
I have heard people say they were bored as a SAHM, or that SAHM is boring...

But I can't figure out where they got that idea.

If any one knows me at all, they know that my life is WAY too dang busy. We are CONSTANTLY running around all over the place!
Exactly. But I have to admit the ones I hear saying that have a small baby and no other kids. There is no staying home for this sahm!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #17
michiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

People probably interpret my "we aren't doing anything" as boring. But to me, not doing anything just sorta includes the everyday chaos of our lives. So I guess what I should really say is not going anything out of the norm.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If SAHMs and their kids are bored, they are doing it wrong. There is *always* something to do. Just today DH was telling me about "Touch a Truck" at a local park we would like to take DS too. Thursday is library play day, Monday mommy has U/S at the MW.

Just go do something if your bored