Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DS has a bulls eye rash:-(

on his shoulder. I noticed it last night. I took him to the pedi today....and they said to do nothing but watch and wait for a fever Anyone dealt with this?

Advertisement

kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I knew a child that had Lyme disease last year. It's a drag but caught early with the rash, totally treatable. Interesting the mama said that after he got it he was super sensitive to sun and burned really easy.

Don't worry too much mama, but keep an eye on it. Hope your LO feels better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DS has a bulls eye rash:-(

my aunt and cousin both have lymes and my aunt is constantly sick and her daughter is sicker than the average only since contracting lymes disease....so i am worried. my lo's are already prone to illness because of their extreme prematurity:-(
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #4
greykitty
Registered Users

If you live on the east coast I would definitely ask your ped. for an antibiotic (one effective against Lyme), even as a prophylactic measure. It is far easier to knock it out early than to treat it later. It takes several weeks for a titer to show up as positive, but if it could be a tick bite and there's already a bulls eye, there's really no reason not to be proactive, unless your child has some problem with antibiotics. One of my kids is a heart patient and we take no chances with this type of thing - so much easier to prevent than cure.
greykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitty View Post
If you live on the east coast I would definitely ask your ped. for an antibiotic (one effective against Lyme), even as a prophylactic measure. It is far easier to knock it out early than to treat it later. It takes several weeks for a titer to show up as positive, but if it could be a tick bite and there's already a bulls eye, there's really no reason not to be proactive, unless your child has some problem with antibiotics. One of my kids is a heart patient and we take no chances with this type of thing - so much easier to prevent than cure.
Thats what I was going to say, better to take the meds now than wait to show as positive. I've heard they have much better results with fighting Lyme when they are proactive with the antibiotics.