||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|06-19-2011, 09:23 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Casselberry, FL
Jam/Jelly Recipes(including freezer jams) What's your fave??
My family's absolute favorite is strawberry with Banana Butter a very close second
Here is the banana Butter Recipe(No it is not a butter butter)
3 cups thoroughly mashed bananas (around 10-12ish)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup minced maraschino cherry
6 1/2 cups sugar
1 (6 ounce) bottle liquid pectin
1) Measure 3 cups mashed bananas into a large saucepan.
2) Add the lemon juice, cherries and sugar, mixing well.
3) Bring to a rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4) Remove from heat and stir in the pectin.
5) Mix well.
6) Ladle into clean, hot sterile jars and seal.
7) Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes for pints.