Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: help me prepare for natural childbirth

Birthing from Withing (class and/or book)

Bradley (same)

stay at home as long as possible! I've had two friends who with their second baby by the time they got to the hospital there was no time for epi or anything, just time to push. And although both were open to epi, both were really glad in retrospect that they had avoided them.

I don't think we are supposed to mention other forums here, but there is another forum out there (PM me if you want) that has a huge archive of birth stoires--most of them very positive and inspiring. DS has birth stories somewhere too I believe.

Oh and if you can get it (Netflicks has it) watch Orgasmic Birth. It's not nearly as "scary" as it sounds lol, and shows some truly beautiful, natural births. I watched it about 10x before my first was born!

Lucinda-- crunchy, BFing, homebirthin', SAH mama to my sweet guy, born 10.1.09 and my baby girl, born 1.19.12.
*I'm a stroke survivor.*

Last edited by kismetbaby; 06-23-2011 at 04:27 PM.
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
I did Bradley the first time and did not feel prepared. I am now doing hypnobabies for my third and it is SO much better. It's a different program in most ways. Check out the free downloads on the hypnobabies website. I'm due in 5 days and I am looking forward to a natural pain free birth. I will be sellin it on eBay when I am done, so I figure it will no cost that much.
Mom to DD (6), DS (4) and DS2 (1)
luvmybubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

for me it was all about support because i felt like i was a wimp . i hired a doula and took bradley method classes. i read natural childbirth books, read birth stories galore, and talked and talked and talked about it with my husband. i never could have done it without him as well as my doula.
Catholic mom to five boys and a girl on the way

Last edited by steph410; 06-23-2011 at 05:03 PM.
steph410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #24
Registered Users
Have someone who has done it before, there. For me, my DH wasn't as supportive as my Gf was. He was 'oh honey it's okay' yadadad. She was like 'I've been there. It's gonna change soon. Keep breathing' made a world if difference!
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:

for me, I didn't want to spend the money on books, courses, doula, etc. esp. if there was a chance I might cave again. I didn't want that kind of

I just read inspirational stories of women who made it sound

I stayed home as long as possible, kept moving(laying down, or sitting made things much more painful)....rocking and breathing deeply helped. near the end, visualized happy memories and tried to distract myself from the pain.

My dh watched tv pretty much the entire time, both times....except when I told him to hold my hand or take

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote