Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #11
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am ready to rip my hair out!!!

My DD was the same way at that age, and well actually she still is half the time. When she acts out she gets put into her room for awhile or she sits on a chair for a timeout. There are times though when I'll just sit down and cry, cuz she just doesn't stop, plus DS is crying and wanting me at the same time. Usually when I start crying though she comes up and hugs me and says "I sorry mama. No cry. I love you mommy!" That usually really helps me to remember that she doesn't try to hurt me. She is just acting out like a normal 2 year old. I have noticed that it is easier to deal with her temper tantrums now, cuz she will actually give me a hug and tell me she loves me, which makes me remember that she does love me and will someday grow out of this stage.

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #12
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went and bought that tent thing last night and what a difference! She slept great and even went down for a nap at a normal time today! Yay!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #13
earthforeverbroken
Banned
seller

i know it might seem like she is ruling your mind with her horrid shreaks of death!! but its just that she knows that if she does it you will respond better. i had a mama at my house that put her son im the play pen, and he screamed, she let him scream but talked to him "I will spank you if you dont be quiet!!" but instead she went and took him out and let him run around again. she needed to compleatly ignore it. example. my son is only 9 months old, if i make him a bottle i set it on the floor for him to go get (never handed it to him). somtimes he screames as long as he can see me and refuses to go get the bottle until i turn away from him, then he stopes and crawles to it, no problem.
you need to ignore the behavior, not the child. if your dd is screaming when she dosent get more candy then do your VERY best to pretend like she isnt making a fuss at all, just go on talking or doing dishes or whatever. somtimes with my little sister i would let her do it for a while and then very causally in the middle of the fit i would just say somthing to her, anything really, like "dinner will be ready later" or what ever, and walk away. that way she knows you arent going to give in and she isnt getting a response that she wants.
as for teh climbing out of bed, have you lowered the matress all the way down, ours gets super low!! if you have then i suggest oiling up the rails with baby oil...it sounds drastic but it may work. you could also try a big girl bed. she might be ready.
earthforeverbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:29 PM   #14
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynjacy View Post
I went and bought that tent thing last night and what a difference! She slept great and even went down for a nap at a normal time today! Yay!
Oh I'm so glad. I should have thought of one of those when DD started crawling out of her crib. She would get out of her crib then either sleep on the floor or yell for me to come put her back in. Talk about a tired mama. LOL!

Oh and about the screaming....just ignore it. I have to x2 lately, since I have 2 shriekers now. My method is to tell them that we'll play once they stop screaming then go off humming or singing to myself and wash dishes. LOL! They stop after awhile and play with eachother, cuz they aren't getting the attention they want. Then I come out and we play again.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #15
Rocket
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think she might be ready for a toddler bed or big girl bed (twin). We didn't use toddler with our DD because she's VERY tall and will grow out of toddler bed in like 2 days! We switched her to twin bed at 17mo. We don't use any spring or bedframe. Just a mattress on the floor (against one corner of the room). If she rolls out of bed, it's just 6" fall. She likes it, I think. There are times that she comes out of her room and cry but she would go back to her bed. I think you should just put her in her own room on a real bed (or toddler bed if you prefer). but that's just my opinion.
Good luck! I agree that this will pass!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #16
Daniel's Kitty
Registered Users

we switched ds to a twin mattress on the floor at almost 14 months.
Daniel's Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #17
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Two days of success everyone! Jacy has been taking naps and going to bed at a normal time! Awesome! I think she feels secure in their or something because she is sleeping muuuuuuch better. She took a 3 hour nap today! My baby must have been sleep deprived. Poor thing. Thank GOD for this crib tent which has saved my sanity!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #18
maggie_may
Happy Knits
seller

My Mood:

My 19 month old is a jungle baby too! We had to put the kitchen chairs away and pull the furniture away from the window in the living room. Otherwise she climbs on the table and falls off the couch trying to look out the window.

Crazy monkey children!
maggie_may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:42 PM   #19
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thing a crib tent would work with a toddler bed? lol (just a joke...I know it wouldn't )

Ds2 needs to sleep better!
Old 06-21-2007, 05:41 PM   #20
jessie_25
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Update! I am ready to rip my hair out!!!

my son is exactly the same way ( 18 months)
:hug3: it is so had to deal with sometimes. I just ignore his temper tantrums and only yell/punish when he is doing somthing unsafe. and his behaviour seems to be improving
Expecting # 3 May 2012
jessie_25 is offline   Reply With Quote