Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #41
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: UPDATE WITH US PICS!!Anyone think they just had a "gunshy" US tech re gender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
I think they say they "can't be 100%" b/c it's a liability thing and it's not really part of the anatomy scan..just a bonus

Of course, and I just said to my mother that the main objective is the health of the baby, the gender just comes at the end and if they can tell they tell, if they can't well that's not the purpose of that exam. You might get one tech that will spend a bit longer though in looking.

I had an obvious boy showing with DS2, and biophysical profiles and extra U/S for GD, and one time near the very end i told the OB doing the scan that we knew it was a boy and to let me know if she saw girly parts and laughed...and then she said got a serious look on her face and said "someone told you this was a boy? I just saw labia..."...then moved the transducer again and we saw his boyness..had me scared for a minute though!

That's so funny. I'm sure, and I've heard that some people really react badly when told opposite at that stage, I even heard of one lady kinda mourning the loss of a son she thought she was having for a few months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyAnn86 View Post
When I went for my 19 week u/s the doctor said "I think I saw a scrotum, but it could be swollen girl parts." I have been going crazy not knowing! I am 30 weeks now and am finally getting a 3D u/s tomorrow!
Let me know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carleyann'smommy View Post
working in the radiology field(not ultrasound,just x-ray) some techs just don't like to call especially earlier than 20 weeks, it's just not 100% clear! as far as bed side manner maybe she was just having an off day or didn't feel 100% what it was. I would defiantly go around 22 weeks. it's just at that time everything is more defined and they are the perfect size not too big and not too small. good luck hope the next one is better.

I afree that everyone has an off day, but I've had this tech before and felt the same and remember being upset even over her demeanour. I had been throwing up all morning, trying my best to keep the water down and she gave me such a hard time for bladder not being full and then having to switch to trans v to get some shots. This time I took Zofran just so I wouldn't throw up and get in trouble again! Imagine that I remember her almost 3 years after that US!! That's the impression that was left with me! I totally agree with you that I rather her not call the gender unless as sure as can be, and I'm fine with standard disclaimer. I'm planning on going next week and that way if they can't tell I can return within next 2 weeks so that would be optimum time

I have 2 girls defiantly not 3 lines like I saw with them but isn't screaming boy to me either, I just think it's on the early side still.

I actually just posted the 3 dot pic on an US forum as I was begining to feel like I was crazy for not thinking def boy. Anyway, the tech responded with this:

Not a good image for gended ID...in my opinion. Sorry. Yes, something is there but usually at this gestation the scrotum and penis are more obvious. It could be due to baby's position and imaging techniques.
Sorry.
Congrats!

So at least I don't feel crazy now or in denial that it is for sure a boy and kinda feel justified in getting another US

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 07:25 AM   #42
EmilyAnn86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UPDATE WITH US PICS!!Anyone think they just had a "gunshy" US tech re gender?

It's boy #3 for me!! He wasn't shy this time! LOL

He is SO cute and looks a lot like his brothers. I am so excited!
Emily (26) Happily married to Chris since 8-5-2006 and mommy to David (6-13-2008) James (9-27-2009) and John (9-9-2011) and baby #4 due Aug 12th
God is our family planner. Bring on the blessings!! Psalm 127:3-5
EmilyAnn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #43
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Big Congrats! My 3rd guy is such an amazing kid, seriously everyone just loves him to pieces!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #44
universe2
Registered Users
seller

umm that would make me so nervous if my tech didnt know LOL

i know you can't always tell but my tech was like it's a boy after 2 seconds into our sono i was like uhh what how do you know? and she knew SOOOO fast !! and she took his measurements super fast too and got some amazing profile pics of him and his head and everything she was awesome and i was outta there in like 10-15 minutes...

maybe you should wait a couple weeks and go back and get another sono? thats what i would do i would request one because you want to know for sure if he's a boy or girl!! right? i sure would that would drive me crazy not knowing!!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #45
___Krystal_
Registered Users

My Mood:

From the pictures I would say boy

I Blog follow my daily life as a SAHM. I Earn Free Amazon GC With Swagbucks
___Krystal_ is offline   Reply With Quote