Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
cassmama
Registered Users
seller

Favorite NB diapering

We will be TTC... in February 2012 lol so I am wayyy early on this. But im curious to know, what is yalls favorite diapering system for newborns? I want to go from day one this time, i didnt start with DD until like 5mo. I am thinking flats/flour sack towels with covers as they will probably be the easiest to keep in a wet bag and/or for DH to wash that first night. I would rather not spend the money on NB prefolds (i already have GMD yellows) even if I use them as doublers later, or on a bunch of "fancy" NB dipes like pockets, fitted, etc.

My flour sack towels I believe are around 27x27" square, is this too big or bulky for a NB, or is it workable? Anyone have experience using Thirsties duo wraps size 1 on a NB (i will already have these from DD)? Would some cheap pull-ons be easier? I do plan to have a few pockets for night time, I can just see my exhausted self poking LO I already have a few BGOS but they seem way too big for NB. Any suggestions there?

Thanks, I know I'm way ahead of myself, I'm just curious what yall think and what your favs are.

Advertisement

cassmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
lovinmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite NB diapering

My favorite newborn diaper is the kissaluvs size 0. They not only fit wonderfully and last awhile (I had big babies and they wore size 0 for the first five or six months), but I have never had to worry about a leak. But 2 of the kissaluv marvel diapers and it works even better. When I use the marvel covers I NEVER have a leak. We have used these with both kids and LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!
I love Jesus Christ. I love my husband. I love my two little girls. Lydia Ann is here! She was born on January 7th weighing 5lbs 7 ounces. She survived birth and we are on day 15. It is a miracle that she is still with us, the doctors had told us that there was no hope for her survival. She still has severe brain damage and we are praying for a miracle, that Jesus would reform her brain. you can learn more about our family's journey at: https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/l...createorsignin
lovinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
BekahM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DS we used preemie prefolds and covers. I couldn't seem to keep the poo contained with the prefolds (pinning/snappi) though. I also had some fitteds. However, next time around I plan on having some fitteds (from esbaby ), a few covers, and several Tot Bots Tini Fit. (mostly for night cause it will be easy on and off)

I'm not ttc yet either, but it is sooooo hard not to plan and look!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
cassmama
Registered Users
seller

Are the kissaluvs you mentioned fitteds? Are they very expensive?
Old 06-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am currently diapering my newborn son. He is 5 weeks old. My hands down fav so far are XS sandies from Motherease. They fit so nicely and were the only thing that stayed away from his healing cord. They are super soft and stretchy and keep EVERYTHING in...no blowouts! I use either a thirsties duo 1 or Motherease XS airflow on top. He is 11 lbs now and our FLIP aplix cover is starting to fit very nicely over them too. My son weighed 7 lbs at birth but went down to 6.5 lbs and has a short rise...so nothing fit him right or stayed under his cord good. The best thing other than what I mentioned above was Bummis NB superbrite covers over a preemie prefold...even our NB prefolds were too big and high for him at first. :-)
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
4boysblessmyheart
Registered Users
seller

I also have a 5 week old boy, and we used newborn sandys also - hands down my favorite diaper for a newborn. It contains everything. We also have some WAHM fitteds, and some NB PFs. Fitted in general are a great option. I didn't think I' like them because of the extra step of fastening two layers, but they really are great. I bought them used at a local shop since I wasn't sure if I'd like them. I have also used receiving blankets too, which I guess were about the size of your flour sacks, but they were way to bulky. You might try cutting them in half if you really want to go that route.
4boysblessmyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
cassmama
Registered Users
seller

Now that I think about it (and see all the uber cute babies in this thread!) I'll probably just get 2doz GMD oranges on FSOT. I have and use 2doz yellows right now for DD, between all of that I should be fine. Plus maybe 8ish NB covers, I'm thinking either Thirsties covers or Bummis super brite (I like to wipe/reuse when it's just pee) until newb is big enough for DDs duo wraps.

Gah what am I talking about!!!! This baby won't even be conceived for another 8 months!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
cassmama
Registered Users
seller

Unless.... "Joe honey, we need to talk!"