Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
ravenchow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BG 4.0 woes! (long)

Sorry that you're having so many problems. BGs make up a majority of my stash. I agree with what some PPs have said....

-Pockets usually don't work as night time dipes as LOs get older, regardless how you stuff. Pee will roll right out. Something with all over absorbency works better for the moving LO with lots of pee. (like a fitted)

-LO has officially grown out of the absorbency of 1 lg mf & a hemp. He pees so much now that he ends up wicking out the BG legs very quickly. We're moving onto flats with hemp because PUL covers don't wick.

-Lots of stuffing can also make a pocket leak because it won't fit properly anymore...causing odd gaps, etc.

Hopefully you can figure something out that works for your LO.

Advertisement

ds (12/99), 4 mcs, LO (May 2010), Newb (April 2013), 5th mc
ravenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #12
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

Having the same trouble here with my BG as well (same size/age baby as well). My nearly 11 month old is about 16 lbs, and my BG leak on her like crazy. I stripped, I snapped them down, etc. They are not repelling as the inserts still get wet (and I don't use anything on them that would make them repel). I think what happened, is she (my DD) got a bit thinner as she has gotten more active (hard to believe as she is already quite thin) and they just simply don't go down small enough. RaR go small enough (mid rise, smallest waist), but BG (smallest rise, smallest waist) just don't get small enough for her anymore. I ended up changing to fitteds and wool overnight, and I'm in the process of switching all of my pockets over to a different brand that fit my DD like a glove (no leaks, no gaping!!!!!). I'll be getting rid of my BG as soon as I get an entire stash of the others. Good luck. BG just weren't meant for skinny LO in my opinion.

ETA: Mine don't seem to have loose elastic. I bought 6 twilight 4.0 just to use for nights about 3 months ago (to make nights easier on my mom when I work), they are no different, same gaping, same leaking. For us, it is the diaper itself being too big. And honestly, at 11 months, even as a skinny minny, OS diapers should fit her well enough to not gape. If they sell them with the intention of being worn by a newborn, they absolutely should be able to be worn by an 11 month old....there is no way they should gape on the smallest setting (IMO).

Last edited by megs715; 06-27-2011 at 11:28 PM.
megs715 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #13
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

We had all kinds of issues with our BGOS. I did find that they gaped even on my DS chunky legs whenever we used more than 1 insert. Though we needed more than that for absorbency. I finally sold mine out of frustration. Hope you can get it figured out and working for you!

Blame the typos on the iPad!

Last edited by ho11yb; 06-27-2011 at 09:51 PM.
ho11yb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #14
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

I just started having the leg gaping problem with some of my 4.0s recently. They have been heavily used for 8 months. When I was folding/stuffing diaper laundry the other day, I noticed that my older 4.0s have much looser elastic than my newer ones which have been used for about 1.5 months. The solution might be getting new leg elastic.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #15
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the problem may not be entirely your bg's. i had some of the same problems with leaking after i used rockin green for awhile. they stopped leaking when i switched detergents. also i realized i cannot use pocket diapers at night for my ds.