Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:54 AM   #11
mamandeyuri
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: S/O Dr.s recommending circ for older babies/children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Gray View Post
I've never had it recommended to me, but I DO know that many pedi's ARE unfamiliar with the uncirc'ed penis, and I think that's ridiculous. My son's first pedi tried to retract him at every visit even after I asked him not to. HELLO?? We moved a few months ago and I haven't even been brave enough to begin a new pedi. search...I'm weary of them.
You're right, I finally found a non circ friendly person at my peds office- she recommended that we let ds's ear infection clear up naturally. Guess why? She's the Nurse practictioner and she's Canadian! She's also the one that told me about egg allergies and the mmr vaccine. I really like her. I will be taking my children to see her from now own.

Advertisement

mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 AM   #12
kazmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

That's crazy! Our 4yr old isn't cir'ed & a few months ago he had an infection of some kind & his foreskin is really tight so our Ped. gave me some cream to put on it, she did say if his skin does not stretch we might have to look into getting him cir'ed, the only way we will do that is if it would become too painful, thankfully he is doing great & having no problems.

ISO: GN babylegs
kazmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:12 PM   #13
Corey3739
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J View Post
Do you think that its something doctors recommend unnecessarily because they are unfamiliar with the uncircumcised penis?
That would be my guess. If the sore was on any other part of the body the doctor would treat the ailment NOT suggest amputation. Can you imagine calling in for advice on a bad blister on a child's foot from thier new shoes rubbing and being told to schedule an appointment to have a toe removed to treat the blister??