Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #11
MichelleSG
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I sold my hair to fund more cds!!!

I keep frogs and geckos in naturalistic vivariums. In order to keep the ecosystem balanced we add wee bugs to the soil to aid in the breakdown of poo and detritus (rotting plants). I culture these bugs and sell them for a flat rate shipping cost. Since I get shipping coolers and ice packs at work for free I'm one of the few peole that can sell/ship them over the summer without them dying. It's a niche market but for $15 a pop I get money in my Paypal account that goes straight back out for diapers. I sell poo bugs so I can buy cloth poo catchers. The great circle of finance....

Advertisement

MichelleSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #12
mommacissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just sold some of my old textbooks from the last couple years of school along with some video games we don't play. The place I sold them to issues payment through paypal...can you guess what I am going to buy when that money gets deposited?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #13
chinook
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually donated my hair 3 times. Grow it long (to my butt) and once I get fed up with it being long, I chop it off. Once its short I do wild things with it, die it, curl it, etc, but then I clean it up (trims, trims, trims) and keep it virgin. I specifically donate to a place that makes wigs for free for kiddos with cancer.
There definitely places that would buy it though.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #14
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was so ROFL when I read this thread title!
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My hair is virgin darker blond and touching the top of my bum and I'm def getting it cut as soon as dh picks a hairstyle he thinks he'll like on me. I cut it 2 years ago and donated 16 inches but then couldn't decide on a style and just left it trimmed up..... dh said I looked 15yrs old again and that made him feel a little weird so I told him I'm not cutting it til HE picks the style, this time around. I figure he's better at knowing what looks good on me and he's the only man I'm looking to impress, right!?
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #16
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommacissy View Post
I just sold some of my old textbooks from the last couple years of school along with some video games we don't play. The place I sold them to issues payment through paypal...can you guess what I am going to buy when that money gets deposited?
I'll be stalking along side you tomorrow but not for myself. Told another mama, as long as she puts enough pp in my acct to cover it, I'll stalk for her.... paying it forward since I had help at the last opening. AND I figure so many mamas will be after 2steps, money, and fireworks that maybe I'll be able to get an order through for her. Fingers crossed! Good Luck!

Oh, and my nb's should be here tomorrow: I can't wait!

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 06-30-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #17
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
I keep frogs and geckos in naturalistic vivariums. In order to keep the ecosystem balanced we add wee bugs to the soil to aid in the breakdown of poo and detritus (rotting plants). I culture these bugs and sell them for a flat rate shipping cost. Since I get shipping coolers and ice packs at work for free I'm one of the few peole that can sell/ship them over the summer without them dying. It's a niche market but for $15 a pop I get money in my Paypal account that goes straight back out for diapers. I sell poo bugs so I can buy cloth poo catchers. The great circle of finance....
I just bought a cd embroidered "poo catcher" on the bum!