Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

Which flushable liners for non-CD safe rash cream?

I've been battling a rash on DS's bum now for several weeks and the only thing that seems to keep it at bay is Balmex. I'm tired of putting him in sposies so I can use the Balmex and I just can't do fleece liners (I've tried, I'm just too lazy to do the separate load of laundry). Last night, I tried doubling up our Bumkins flushable liners hoping that would keep the cream off the dipe, but it didn't. Are there other flushable liners that would do a better job? TIA!

Advertisement

Last edited by kateroc; 06-14-2011 at 07:05 AM.
kateroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
rkw
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Which flushable liners for non-CD safe rash cream?

What kind of diapers are you using? I normally use bgos 3.0 and bg organics with aplix. I found out when we have rash issues due to teething or acidic #2 that if we use prefolds, covers, and fleece liners with non-cd friendly diaper cream that it comes out of the prefolds. It also comes out of flats as well. I just use padfolded recieving blankets.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

Sigh... yeah, I've heard that I could use prefolds and be okay, but we only have pockets/aios plus fitteds for night (but they have fleece inners). I'm probably not going to get into prefolds just for this reason (again, I'm lazy!)
Old 06-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
4lilMonkies
Registered Users
seller

I have OsoCozy flushable liners on my site and though I haven't used them (yet) they are big enough to fold and double to create an extra layer so nothing will soak through.
4lilMonkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
kmleo07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What about using the GroVia biosoakers with a cover. That way you can use the balmex with out having to worry about a flushable liner. They are a great option for when you have to use non cd safe diaper cream. I have plenty in stock b/c of the Gro-To-Go summer kit promotion that they are running right now.
We carry bumGenius, GroVia, Knickernappies, OsoCozy, Rockin Green, Snappi's and more
If you are in NH, ME or MA ask me about a cloth diaper party!
kmleo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
sixteen
Registered Users

My Mood:

Funny you should pose this question! I was just dealing with this problem yesterday. We use Kushies liners, they are thicker than most, nice and long too. When I put on a lot of rash cream (like at night), I use two liners. Hasn't stained yet. Hope this helps.
sixteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

What timing! I just tried doubling up the Kushies liners last night and it worked -- so glad to have a solution that doesn't involve sposies!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
sixteen
Registered Users

My Mood:

yes, me too!
sixteen is offline   Reply With Quote