Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #11
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those who keep their wipes in a sposie container...

I just use water. I don't put a lot in there at a time. Just a handful and when I refill the container I dump any remaining water and rinse the container.

Advertisement

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:57 PM   #12
wahlaworld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it dependson where you live and how humid it is. It's dry where we are, so we don't have mustiness when we have wet wipes in the warmer.
But, though I started out pre-wetting the wipes (we use baby wash cloths too), I've started just keeping dry wipes around and my wipe solution (water, a TB of baby wash and a drop or two of TTO) in the peri bottle I got from the hospital at dd's birth. I just wet the wipe before I use it.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #13
kkbtoys
Registered Users
seller

I fill the wipes warmer w/water and then just dip a dry wipe in it as I'm changing dd. Works like a charm - unless I forget to refill the warmer and it's bone dry . . .
kkbtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:18 PM   #14
smidgin
Registered Users

My Mood:

I keep mine in a sposie container. I only put about 2 1/2 days worth with a wipe solution with TTO. I wash the container out every time before I refill it. I don't have a problem with a musty smell unless I leave them to long & sometimes the container smells a little musty when the wipes are gone.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:33 PM   #15
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasenior06 View Post
Not to thread hijack but how do you use your wipes warmer ? do you prewet wipes and set them in their or do you have standing water in it ? thanks
I prewet. I also soak the freshening pillow in the solution--just enough to see the liquid if you push your finger into it. Any more and it makes too much condensation and you end up having to squeeze out your wipes before using them. The pillows can be thrown in the washer w/ the wipes, too (just not dried). Half the time tho, the pillows annoy me so I don't use them--then the bottom wipe just gets dried out by the time I get to it.

To the PP--GSE is Grapefruit Seed Extract. Both this and Tea Tree Oil are essential oils that have antibacterial properties.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #16
melirod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to use a wipe warmer with moistened wipes, but noticed that they did get kinda funky smelling after a couple days. I just felt if there was stink, there was probably bacteria growth as well. Now I just keep a stack of dry wipes on the nightstand with a peri bottle filled w/solution. I just squirt a dry wipe and use as needed. Besides, it's already 100 degrees here, so don't really think DS needs warm wipes anymore. His sweaty butt probably prefers cooler wipes.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:59 PM   #17
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

I haven't read the other responses yet, but I had the same worry when we switched over. The only thing we do now is wet one or two cloth wipes with hot water and put them in the wipes warmer. We change them every day... maybe twice a day. We definitely get new ones if he poos and replace them with fresh ones. We haven't had any problems with musty or anything.. but we have had them get dry.

I have been wondering if anyone else does that or if they use the baby bits/wipes solution and dump it over the cloth wipes in the warmer. I am too chicken as of yet. Maybe I will try the spray bottle of wipes solution instead of having it soaking in the wipes warmer? Sorry.. thinking out loud! Make sure you post what you try and how it works out okay?
Thanks!