Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #11
imacuckoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where is Admin?!?!?

Hey ladies, I just installed firefox, and not too happily I might add! Mostly so I could contact admin to let them know how ANNOYING this is! Here's what I wrote:

"Hopefully others have contacted you regarding this issue. The site is running extremely slow for many users the last few days. The only way it seems to resolve this is to install firefox and the adblocker that comes with it. I did it, but not happily. I, and many others, feel we should not have to change our browers and install new software just to view your site. I am not having this problem with any other sites. Also, before the problem occured, all of the blinking adds were EXTREMELY annoying and distracting. Please view the forum to see how upset your faithful users are over this.

Regards"

I hope others are doing the same! And I hope I didn't miss any awesome deals the last 2 days!

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #12
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatertots View Post
YUP I have been going there a lot in the last few days also!
Hmm the set up there is totally different though .. and only 16 others online.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #13
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22monkeybunz View Post
Well, a lot of people are going to start going elswhere...obviously thats not a concern to them...
I agree .... and if the rumour was true about the posting contest being to build up site visits to sell DS then this is the wrong way to go about it as there wont be any members left. I image the site count is going down now.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #14
tatertots
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrab View Post
Yep! Why are all the stupid ads on here anyways?! Do we really need a FART BUTTON on here?!

if we block the ads does that affect the site? like if the ads dont load do they not get money for those ads?
They have all the ads for the money they are getting for them, but HELLO don't they realize that people hate those ads. If people start to hate the site enough they are not going to be coming here?

They have to think of all the new people joining here. If I were new in the last few days, I would have left right away and not come back. I would not want to deal with a site that sucks for loading.
It may be different for those of us that have been here forever, we just get mad but still end up coming back, but that soon too will change if things don't start to get better around here.
Pamela SAHM to Eli 5 and Chloe 2 and a very proud AF WIFE! Expecting #3 in October
Old 06-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #15
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
They have all the ads for the money they are getting for them, but HELLO don't they realize that people hate those ads. If people start to hate the site enough they are not going to be coming here?

They have to think of all the new people joining here. If I were new in the last few days, I would have left right away and not come back. I would not want to deal with a site that sucks for loading.
It may be different for those of us that have been here forever, we just get mad but still end up coming back, but that soon too will change if things don't start to get better around here.
It seems to be really going downhill lately. I have been around since before we moved here and I am about ready to thrown in the towel..... I am so frustrated. NO ONE is acknowledging us and I can never even get a response from Lee.... whoever the heck he is even anyways!
But hey, as long as they are still making money I guess they are happy!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #16
laneylue+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
diapertraders.com

thanks! registering there right now
Old 06-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #17
tatertots
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrab View Post
It seems to be really going downhill lately. I have been around since before we moved here and I am about ready to thrown in the towel..... I am so frustrated. NO ONE is acknowledging us and I can never even get a response from Lee.... whoever the heck he is even anyways!
But hey, as long as they are still making money I guess they are happy!

I know I was with them since way before the move also. It was soo nice back then, not a lot of drama and no ads and only a few problems every once in a while!
I wish things could go back to the way they were!
Yeah they have to be pretty happy to be making money off of something that really should be free!
Pamela SAHM to Eli 5 and Chloe 2 and a very proud AF WIFE! Expecting #3 in October
Old 06-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #18
Camellia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yeah they have to be pretty happy to be making money off of something that really should be free!
To be fair, it isn't free to run a Vbulletin community. I defintely think they need to sell ad space to pay for the running of the site - BUT with that comes some level of courtesy to the community members, which I am not seeing.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #19
Inkdboy
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Well, so much for this board...I'm outtie...
Old 06-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #20
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
To be fair, it isn't free to run a Vbulletin community. I defintely think they need to sell ad space to pay for the running of the site - BUT with that comes some level of courtesy to the community members, which I am not seeing.
Do you see all the WAHM ads? THOSE are paid for! and I dont think it is cheap.... also those with black text next to their user names... those were PAID for. They get money from plenty of reasonable sources I dont think they need to be greedy and bombard us with ridiculous Google ads just to line their pockets a little thicker!
Closed Thread