Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 06:11 AM   #781
AnimalHouse's Avatar
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,426
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattayanna_mom View Post
IMO if you are educating yourself and still choosing to cosmetically circ a baby boy/boy child you are uneducated about circumcision.
Luky for me, I don't need your approval to be confident in my decisions. I'm glad more and more people are doing research before circ'ing (or vaxxing, and with car seats, etc). But it's comments like your's that really turn people off.

ETA - it's also interesting that you automatically assume we circ for cosmetic reasons. Nowhere on this thread (or any other thread) have I stated our reasons for circ'ing. But I love how you think it's your place to make assumptions on something you know nothing about.

Advertisement

__________________
Trying-to-stay-sane mama to four boys (5/07, 10/09, 7/11, and 11/12)

Last edited by AnimalHouse; 07-04-2011 at 06:15 AM.
AnimalHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #782
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: waters edge
Posts: 2,905
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms

Luky for me, I don't need your approval to be confident in my decisions. I'm glad more and more people are doing research before circ'ing (or vaxxing, and with car seats, etc). But it's comments like your's that really turn people off.

ETA - it's also interesting that you automatically assume we circ for cosmetic reasons. Nowhere on this thread (or any other thread) have I stated our reasons for circ'ing. But I love how you think it's your place to make assumptions on something you know nothing about.
ITA

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #783
knlrachel's Avatar
knlrachel
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 997
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms View Post
Luky for me, I don't need your approval to be confident in my decisions. I'm glad more and more people are doing research before circ'ing (or vaxxing, and with car seats, etc). But it's comments like your's that really turn people off.

ETA - it's also interesting that you automatically assume we circ for cosmetic reasons. Nowhere on this thread (or any other thread) have I stated our reasons for circ'ing. But I love how you think it's your place to make assumptions on something you know nothing about.
Hopping in here I don't know your reasons or anyone's reasons for circ'ing. The most common one I hear from parents who do circ is that they chose to do so because they don't like how an intact boy looks. I know there are other reasons, but I also know that my sisters circ'd their boys for cosmetic reasons and I think, if you were to poll parents, many would say it was cosmetic reasons. There are other reasons people choose to circ (religious, health/medical) but I don't find them to be as common.
__________________
Married to the Love of my Life - Mommy of four DD (4/07) (2/09) (10/12) and (3/10) and one DS (12/10) intact My name is Rachel and I am addicted to cloth diapering...
knlrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #784
AnimalHouse's Avatar
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,426
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by knlrachel View Post
Hopping in here I don't know your reasons or anyone's reasons for circ'ing. The most common one I hear from parents who do circ is that they chose to do so because they don't like how an intact boy looks. I know there are other reasons, but I also know that my sisters circ'd their boys for cosmetic reasons and I think, if you were to poll parents, many would say it was cosmetic reasons. There are other reasons people choose to circ (religious, health/medical) but I don't find them to be as common.
I'm sure some people do circ for cosmetic reasons... but to use that as an excuse to assume that everyone circs for cosmetic reasons (and then to call us uneducated on the subject) is offensive, and quite ignorant.
__________________
Trying-to-stay-sane mama to four boys (5/07, 10/09, 7/11, and 11/12)
AnimalHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #785
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: waters edge
Posts: 2,905
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms

I'm sure some people do circ for cosmetic reasons... but to use that as an excuse to assume that everyone circs for cosmetic reasons (and then to call us uneducated on the subject) is offensive, and quite ignorant.
Yea that. U two ladies just summed it up. And quite elegantly and respectfully stated.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #786
ExpatMama1990's Avatar
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,913
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlrachel

Hopping in here I don't know your reasons or anyone's reasons for circ'ing. The most common one I hear from parents who do circ is that they chose to do so because they don't like how an intact boy looks. I know there are other reasons, but I also know that my sisters circ'd their boys for cosmetic reasons and I think, if you were to poll parents, many would say it was cosmetic reasons. There are other reasons people choose to circ (religious, health/medical) but I don't find them to be as common.
Most of the reasons I hear are myths. And why is a child not entitled to his own religious rights? He should be allowed to choose what faith he follows when he is old enough to understand and thus shouldn't be 'marked' as a certain faith as an infant.

There are VERY few situations where it is necessary to circ and otherwise it is purely a cosmetic surgery.
__________________
C, British Expat, Wife to A, Mama to DD & DD2
ExpatMama1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #787
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: waters edge
Posts: 2,905
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatMama1990

Most of the reasons I hear are myths. And why is a child not entitled to his own religious rights? He should be allowed to choose what faith he follows when he is old enough to understand and thus shouldn't be 'marked' as a certain faith as an infant.

There are VERY few situations where it is necessary to circ and otherwise it is purely a cosmetic surgery.
Really? Your omnipresence is intriguing.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #788
ExpatMama1990's Avatar
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,913
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy

Really? Your omnipresence is intriguing.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Really what?
__________________
C, British Expat, Wife to A, Mama to DD & DD2
ExpatMama1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #789
anahrose
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the farm
Posts: 1,197
My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Well, I am going to have to type up all of the reasons to not circumsise for my DH incase we have a boy. I mainly don't want to do it because it's not my body and not my choice. Like when people pierce their baby girl's ears. I think that should be the kid's choice when they get older.
__________________
Amy, wife to DH and mama to 3 little girls.

Last edited by anahrose; 07-04-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling
anahrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #790
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: waters edge
Posts: 2,905
My Mood:
The arrogance! There are studies that indicate you are wrong. There is still anecdotal evidence, this is not a slam dunk, if it were it would not be a DEBATE. and yet ppl go about it like they are everywhere, the know every situation and thus can call them few.

I am glad ppl are researching parenting choices, but I can not appreciate the manner in which this is typically debated here.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.