Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
These are the few NB/Small diapers I have

Obviously it's not nearly enough and I need to buy more
two small covers, two small FB, 2 NB homemade fitteds, one NB homemade pocket dipe (the care bears one), and the rest are a mix of brand/homemade small dipes. All these got to me second/third hand when I used them with Ducky so they are very well loved but still serviceable. Unless there is reason to believe the baby will come sooner than expected I don't think I'll buy any more NB sized dipes. I'll just buy smalls (Ducky was born at "37" weeks and was 8.1lbs. The NB didn't fit him for long.)

I know I want at least one dozen prefolds and will need at least one more cover. I need to look in the other diaper bucket to see if there are any smalls hiding in there. The little green jungle diaper is smaller than my hand that one only fit him for the first day.
So, critique it please

Advertisement

Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: These are the few NB/Small diapers I have

Awwww cute.

When Jocelyn was born I still had my twins in diapers, so I only did prefolds and covers for the newborn stage, it helped fit 3 kids worth of diapers in the wash

This time I'm excited to try some fitteds!
Jennifer, wife to Joel. Mother to 3 amazing girls: my adorable twins Justice and Juliette (8-07), and my cutie baby girl Jocelyn (9-09) We are a ing,ing, BFing, BWing family of 5 J's...soon to be 6 FSOT yarn and wool
pinknpurfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cute! I have nothing. At all.
DS only wore NB sizes for 3-4 weeks and he was in sposies for the first week.
I think I'll skip th NB cloth and use sposies until the new bean moves onto smalls.

For smalls, I think all I've got left is a hand full of FBs.

Oh! And a whole bunch of GroBabies. I remember those working well for DS at that size.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by bezark; 07-06-2011 at 11:28 AM.
bezark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And I just bought this one (like five minutes ago). http://hyenacart.com/TushieTies/mt/2903/72411/Camo-P-NB-Bamboo-Velour-Tie-on-Cloth-Diaper
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
Old 07-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe
I've been out of the diaper buying loop for a long time since DS has been in the same size for the last 22 months, so I've never seen those. Those things are genius!!

I hate snappies, especially for older kids, and pins terrify me. I think I *need* to try some of those.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 07-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh those are the best! I was lucky enough to be a tester for them when Ducky was still in diapers and they are so easy to use, so soft, and adorable! I can't wait to get more of those dipes (and right now she has a coupon code for 40% off any regularly priced diaper. It expires on 7/8 and is "Freedom.")
Old 07-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Love tiny diapers!! I have a lot of work to do on our stash since I turned all my preemie prefolds into kitchen cloths and sold the newborn fitteds. We thought we were done! I still have some orange edge PFs, but I liked fitteds better on a newbie. Maybe I'll make some prefitteds out of them.