Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My husband found out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommelissa View Post
I do the "Midwife to Be" program for my academics and apprentice with my midwife for skills and experience. My goal is to eventually be a CPM.
I like MTB because it's self-paced and inexpensive compared to most of the other distance programs. You've probably already read some of the required books through your doula program...a lot of them overlap (with DONA anyway). It's worth looking into if you want to keep working toward your goals while you're childbearing.
thanks, I'll look into that. One of the problems in this area is that all of the midwives want their apprentices to go to a school that is about 2.5 -3 hours away before they take them on. It is a great school (3 days once a month, nursing babies are allowed), but I don't know if I'll be able to afford it, especially since I just lost my job and insurance. I need to find some way to pay for the birth. I would consider a UC, because I nearly had one last time, but it almost seems unwise and not humble to me to UC. My main motivation would be to save money, and that's not a good reason.

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #12
pinknpurfect
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry he didn't react well. My hubby was really shocked at first. We have 3 kids already ages 3, 3, and 1 and were not planning on more soon. Plus he is only home 8 days a month, and we were tryng to prevent pregnancy. He came around quickly though and already picked the names, which I don't care for but glad he is excited enough to come up with names!
Jennifer, wife to Joel. Mother to 3 amazing girls: my adorable twins Justice and Juliette (8-07), and my cutie baby girl Jocelyn (9-09) We are a ing,ing, BFing, BWing family of 5 J's...soon to be 6 FSOT yarn and wool
pinknpurfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #13
abhernandez
Registered Users

I think men have a harder time adjusting to the idea of the family growing... my husband was kind of distant for the first couple days after we found out. And we'd been trying and and we are financially ready and it's our first and and everything we wanted. But then today... he announced we're getting a new car. Ha haha. I think it's their weird male way of expressing excitement.
abhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #14
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sara. I am sure he will come around, especially since he is looking for a bigger car. We are looking into getting a van ourselves. As you know the taking additional people around all the time doesn't work so well with two car seats in a car. I posted this in another one of your threads but you could do a home birth with a midwife and make monthly payments.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #15
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I a
Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
Sara. I am sure he will come around, especially since he is looking for a bigger car. We are looking into getting a van ourselves. As you know the taking additional people around all the time doesn't work so well with two car seats in a car. I posted this in another one of your threads but you could do a home birth with a midwife and make monthly payments.
I am definitely thinking homebirth, but I don't know what the midwives here charge. 2 of them had a practice together, but I heard it was breaking up. And there is another new midwife in town. Basically I want the one that is the most hands -off, and not too expensive.
right now we will have a really hard time saving any money for the birth ; that is what I am worried about. It would be nice if I could barter something.