Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #21
aggiebeth06
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is there a WAHM forum for those who don't make things?

I WAH (most days) too with DS who is 3 1/2 mo (2 mo adjusted age). I work for family and feel blessed for the opportunity... but man it's challenging without childcare help. Being Mom, Nanny, Employee, Maid, Wife... so hard! It's great to work for family, but it's an awful lot of pressure. I carry SO much guilt because I'm only able to work for about 4 hours a day if I'm lucky!

I literally just joined DS today, but I would love the prospect of a WAHM forum for those of us who don't create for a living.

Advertisement

aggiebeth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #22
Ally's Fuzzies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I run a WAH travel agency and don't feel like I fit anywhere around here. I can't even advertise, because they don't consider me a WAHM... it's a bit frustrating to be neither fish nor fowl.

It's nice to see all of the neat WAH jobs that you all do!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #23
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am very curious to look into WAH options, as I currently work part time out of home and am always having to find friends that I can pay a small amount for watching my DS. Does anyone have a good way to look into on-line options? I am computer literate, typew well and hold a teaching degree, so I think I could write or edit, but I don't have the specific credentials. PM me with your ideas please? Thanks a bunch!
MIpiccolo44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #24
mrsbernstein
Registered Users

I, too, WAH, but not "making" anything. I work for my beloved running the day-to-day operations of our online business while he goes to a "real job". It's his long-term goal to come home and work our business FT>

Our first baby is due next month...and I know DH wants to be home FT by the time he's 5. I know that seems like so far away...but in some ways...it doesn't!

How do we apply for the WAHM group?

THank you!

Mrs B
mrsbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #25
Nkem
Registered Users
seller

I have a part-time online job and do direct sales as well. I love the idea of making things as a WAHM but there's barely time for work and kids as it is! I love that I can be at home with my kids, but sometimes I wonder if they would be better off in daycare because I'm always "trying" to get my work done. It's a constant battle between spending time with them and getting my work, and housework done in a timely manner!
Nkem is offline   Reply With Quote